Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andre_caldas

will not log on smart TV

We have several LG smart TVs (model 7500 and 8500) to show our dashboards.

Everything was fine until last week (11/11/19) and TVs stoped allowing us to log on to PBI. We are facing this issue at TVs in and out of office, with TVs that have updated and not updated the OS version.

PBI is working perfectly at out laptops. The only issue is that it just stoped allowing loging on at smart TVs. What could be happening?

Apreciate any clue!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was an "W5 Mini PC Intel Atom Z8350 Windows 10 Mini PC Stick".  Here is the link to where I bought it.  Hope this helps.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N2KBHL5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
rafabsouza
Regular Visitor

Exactly same problem here! 

My Intel computer stick running Windows 10 is still working great.

I want to test here. what is the model of your stick?

It was an "W5 Mini PC Intel Atom Z8350 Windows 10 Mini PC Stick".  Here is the link to where I bought it.  Hope this helps.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N2KBHL5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sschoech

was this resolved?  I have a new samsung TV and am having the same problem.

The answer they told me was that they don't support it and it's not a priority. So there is no expectation of correction

The answer they told me was that they don't support it and it's not a priority. So there is no expectation of correction

That sucks...

I figured that was going to be the answer.  I had a Intel computer stick (about $100) that I plugged into the TV and then ran Internet Explorer on that.  Little over kill but it has full Windows 10 so I am going to try and do a few other things with it as well.

and the power bi is running normally with the stick?

i tested an android tv box, with chrome browser and the power bi worked, but it got really slow and I abandoned the idea.

please keep me informed as it is an idea that I would like to test

Just put it in yesturday and it is running just fine today.  I have it update every 15 minutes becasue I am running direct queries.

Brazilian
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem! 

Since this is a web client issue - please post your issue here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/bd-p/power-bi-web-app

Thanks, Maya

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @andre_caldas ,

Where are your device contents from? power bi mobile app or power bi service? If you mean a mobile app, what type and version of the power bi mobile app are you used?
If you mean power bi service, it might a compatibility issue between power bi service and device web browser, please contact to power bi team for further support.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

We use PBI to show our dashboard directly from smart TV (model LG 7500 and LG 8500) web Browers (WebOS). All of them have their OS updated. Used to work well. All of a sudden, we cannot even log on to PBI (only at TV. Still working well on laptops browsers).

We did contact Microsoft PBI team. It's been over a week but we've had no progress so far...

We've got this problem too.  Starts to log in then says you cannot be logged in.

We have exact same problem, hoping for a quick solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors