Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dhsunil

unable to login on personal mobile IOS

i ahve an power BI account and it works fine on desktop version. when try logging in on my personal IOS mobile app it gives me unexpected error? pleas help.

this is the exact error message "Unexpected internal error occurred. please try again"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I received an update this weekend of the Microsoft Authenticator app and everything is working now.

regards,

Remco

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
asrinivask

Hi, was this issue ever resolved? I am trying to log in to the Power BI iOS app using my company's login credentials and am getting this error. I am not using a vanity domain as suggested in this post: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-office-365-dedicated-known-issues/.

I am able to login using a browser, but the UI is the same as on desktop version, and makes it hard to use.

Any guidance is appreciated.

My Power Bi account works fine on my desktop but I am getting the following error message when I try to login on my IOS mobile and iPad.

"Unexpected internal error occurred. please try again"

Could any please help to resolve this?

Hi,

Our team needs more information to further investigate and solve the problem.

Is there a special authentication method in your organization? are you using 2FA, Certificate based?

Do you use the Azure Authenticator app ? If yes which version ?

Can you try logging in in a mobile browser using the same user and password?

Also, Please provide the following details:

Type of mobile device type:
OS version:
App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):

Thanks.

I have the same issue since a week of two. I have reinstalled the APP but no luck. The authenticaiton is used via de Microsoft Authenticator app on the iPhone. So I open my Power BI app, click login, go to the authenticator app, select there my account (that works only and in the Power BI desktop), go back to the Power BI app and get an unexpected error.

Type of mobile device type:
OS version: iOS 10 (RTM build)
App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app): 9.1

Hi @remcoploeg,

We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it for our next release.

Make sure to update your app with the next release when it hits the store.

Power BI mobile team

Hi,

I received an update this weekend of the Microsoft Authenticator app and everything is working now.

regards,

Remco

Happy to hear that 🙂

dhsunil

i even tried on my office mobile (Android). unable to login there also. please suggest

Hi,

Thanks you for reaching out.

From the above I understand you tried both on iOS and Android to sign in with no success.

Did you manage to sign in with the same account to www.PowerBI.com?

Can you please try to sign in using the mobile browser and navigating to www.PowerBI.com? on your mobile device?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors