Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

power bi phone layout landscape doesn´t work

Hi, everybody

I have designed a phone layout for one page in a report.

As I have read in documentation, it's supposed report view is used when I turn device horizontally.  However, report always shows phone view regardelss the phone orientation.

Other pages of the report are not built with phone layout, so I can see a message that shows I have to turn device horizontally. If I do that, message doesn't dissapear and content of the report is not loaded.

Android Version: 5.1.1 

Power BI version: 111729

Any tip?.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Angel,

Based on document and test, current power bi phone view seems only available on vertical mode.

For detail inforamtion, you can refer to below link:

View reports optimized for your phone

If a phone-optimized report doesn’t exist, the report still opens, but in the non-optimized landscape views. Even in a phone-optimized report, if you turn your phone sideways, the report opens in the non-optimized view with the original report layout. If only some pages are optimized, you see a message in portrait view, indicating the report is available in landscape.

About your requirement, I'd like to suggest to submit this to ideas forum to improve this feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-shex-msft

I think I haven't explained well....

Documentation said: 

Even in a phone-optimized report, if you turn your phone sideways, the report opens in the non-optimized view with the original report layout. If only some pages are optimized, you see a message in portrait view, indicating the report is available in landscape.

In my case, the report shows always phone-optimized report even if I turn the phone sideways.  Pages for the same report that are not optimized are not showed in a portrait view

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

It sounds odd which I haven't faced. Did you try to reported this issue to power bi mobile team?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-shex-msft

I have opened a ticket to the support team.

Thanks, anyway...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors