Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

david12

mobile security

Do you use any mobile security apps to protect your phone from leaking data? What is your experience? For example, if you use Power BI on smartphone - and you store confidential information.

6 REPLIES 6
jploftsolutions

Mobile speed can be significantly impacted by the installation and operation of security apps. These applications are designed to protect devices from various threats such as malware, phishing attacks, and data breaches. While they provide crucial protection, they can also introduce certain performance issues, particularly concerning speed.
Here, we are sharing the blog 
Guide to Mobile Application Security

vitc

So far my experience with mobile security apps is that they end up slowing down your mobile phone like a lot and randomly end up installing other apps that you did not want to.

In mi opinion a mobile phone is not in the need of external security apps duo to the integrity and own security of the apps by themselves, all the apps that you may be using such are whatsapp, facebook, gmail, etc (not only the well known ones) have already enough security integration with scripts, encriptation and many more things in order to avoid any kind of data leak.

Cheers,

Of course I agree that any extra app which works in background will impact your phone speed. Maybe you don't see positive influence because nothing bad happened to your phone and data? 

I was just curious because there is a lot of articles like: https://www.netguru.co/blog/ios-app-security-how-to-protect-users-sensitive-data-in-mobile-applicati... - guides how to protect your phone and if it is not helpful who use it?

I agree that external apps, especially this very popular such as FB, gmail etc. are enough protected. But how about your gallery or messages? 

dexter234
Frequent Visitor

I generally go with avast on my mobile phone, it has full functionality and I can't remember having a problem from using it in terms of securing my data

Does it have a free version on mobile? I don't have very new smartphone. Do you think that it can slow down my mobile phone?

Hello,

what do you think about mobile data protection? Do you install any antivirus or other programmes to secure your phone? What are your experience? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors