Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

mobile layout overlap visualization

Team,

Is there a way to overlap each visual on one another in mobile layout ? I have already bookmarks to show/hide based on button click and bookmark in power bi desktop.  I tried to overlap but it could not be done. Is there any alternative to overlap or i need to show all visuals in mobile layout ?

Thanks

Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Team,

I found out a solution for this and this works:

If you have 2 buttons and 2 bookmarks in desktop layout and each button is tied to one bookmark with each one showing different visuals overlapping on each other. This is perfectly working in desktop layout.

For mobile layout, to work the same:

a. Click a button in desktop layout and it will open corresponding bookmark and show visuals accordingly

b. Now go to phone layout and place visuals wherever required.

c. Go back to desktop layout and click second button and it will open corresponding bookmark and show visuals accordingly.

d. Now if you go to phone layout overlapping visuals, first button visual will be hidden and empty space will appear and drag second button visual into empty space. 

e. So now when report is browsed in mobile, each button click will show and hide visuals overlapping on each other.

THanks

Vivek

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

Nope, it is impossible.

Current phone layout not support overlay visualizations, you can only achieve this in normal report mode.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Team,

I found out a solution for this and this works:

If you have 2 buttons and 2 bookmarks in desktop layout and each button is tied to one bookmark with each one showing different visuals overlapping on each other. This is perfectly working in desktop layout.

For mobile layout, to work the same:

a. Click a button in desktop layout and it will open corresponding bookmark and show visuals accordingly

b. Now go to phone layout and place visuals wherever required.

c. Go back to desktop layout and click second button and it will open corresponding bookmark and show visuals accordingly.

d. Now if you go to phone layout overlapping visuals, first button visual will be hidden and empty space will appear and drag second button visual into empty space. 

e. So now when report is browsed in mobile, each button click will show and hide visuals overlapping on each other.

THanks

Vivek

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors