Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JaneyH
Regular Visitor

iPad app - tiles with custom link URL do not navigate correctly

This is my first post here, and I'm still a Power BI novice.

I've created a dashboard which contains a number of tiles that are text boxes, each containing a custom URL link direct to a report tab.  The option to "set custom link in same tab" is checked as "yes".  Viewing this via my browser (pro licence) directs me straight to the relevant page.  Clicking on the same tile using the iPad app, however, will only take me to the first page of the report - even though each tile has had a different URL pasted.  Is there something I've missed along the way?  It's strange that the iPad app behaves differently to the browser.

I have the option to go back and pin the relevant pages to the dashboard, but the downside of this (for me, at least) is that long strings of text do not wrap within the pinned tile (in a text box they do). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JaneyH,

We will release very soon a fix for this issue. After this fix the relevant report page should open in the mobile app.

If you still see this issue after the next app version update, please reply on this thread.

Thanks,

Yaron

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaneyH,

I test on power bi V11.8 not faced your issue, can you share some detail content?(Recently it rollback from V12 to V11.8)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for this.  First, my iPad is running version 12.1 of the Power BI app. 

Having looked at my custom links in a little more detail, the URL is in the form http://app.powerbi.com ... /ReportSection22.   (I've omitted the long middle section.)  The only difference between each link I'm posting is the last section of the URL, in this case /ReportSection22 - each report has a different number.  So it would appear to me that while the cloud service is reading the whole URL address and navigating correctly, the iPad app is unable to read the last section, and is therefore defaulting to the first page in my report each time.  Does this make sense?

Hi @JaneyH,

We will release very soon a fix for this issue. After this fix the relevant report page should open in the mobile app.

If you still see this issue after the next app version update, please reply on this thread.

Thanks,

Yaron

Many thanks, @yaronc - I'll watch for the next release.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors