Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jkay27
Helper I
Helper I

iPad app appears to be constantly downloading

I've built an app and published it. When accessing the app via an ipad it appears to be constantly downloading something (the iOS cog in the top left is present), but otherwise it works fine (apart from being fairly slow). Is there a way to tell what is happening here? Cache issue or something similar? Nothing is being downloaded in the background.

The app via browser has no lag whatsoever. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jkay27 ,

For workspace apps, you need to get data on power bi service side then you can use power bi mobile app to view them.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft The data is accessible and fully visible on the iPad, it's just the standard iOS downloading "cog" in the top-left that's constantly appearing. Is this actually downloading something, or is it a bug?

Hey @jkay27 ,

The app has some background processes, but I don't think that this is the case.

Can you check if it disappears once you exist Power BI app?

Maya

@mshenhav thanks, it does disappear once I exit the app. I've noticed that if I leave the app perhaps for 10 mins and go back to it then the downloading cog has usually disappeared. However, it really isn't that big of an app, so I don't understand why it'd be downloading so much data (if in fact that is what is is doing). Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors