Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Remco
Frequent Visitor

iOS Power BI 17.3 / iPhone 8 / iOS 12.1.3 login issue

I have issues with the login in the Power BI iOS app on iPhone. Login on ipad, app.powerbi.com and Power BI Desktop is no problem.

Situation:
Iphone 8
iOS 12.1.3

iOS Power BI 17.3

I started PowerBI as a pilot just on my company email. Now the IT dept migrated the domain to Office 365 with Power BI (login with Azure AD sync). 
The account I select is marked as Office 365 account. After I click on Sign in a get the error: Singn in error Please try again later.

I already tried to solve the issue by reinstalling the app. Our IT dept doen't support 2 step verification / Microsoft Authenticator  at the moment). But I use Microsoft Authenticator for other company accounts. Removing account in the iOS Power BI app is not possible as far as I can see.

PBI_Login.png

PBI_signin_error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

Erez from the iOS team works with the customer and the issue was fixed.

Thanks

Yariv

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jgarcia1

Hi, 

The issue i fixed.

Background: You have an account or accounts you want to remove from POWER BI on iOS device:

Solution: To remove the account(s) do the following:

Step 1: You must install OneDrive app on iOS device

Step 2: Logout on Onedrive app of all sesions.

Step 3: in the settin on IOS , Scroll through list on the left and look for OneDrive in the list of applications.  Click OneDrive.

Step 3: Turn on the Clear Account Settings.

Jgarcia1_2-1697124678875.png

Step 4: Stop the OneDrive application if it's running by double-clicking the home button and swiping up on the OneDrive application.

Step 5: Start the Power App application.  All accounts will be removed now.  Simply login again and operate as normally.

I hope thia work for you.

Regards.

Jaime

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Remco,

Can you try instead of choosing the account listed to choose the "use another account" option on the bottom of the login page? 

In addition, can you please contact us thru our support mail (mpbisup@microsoft.com), we would like to furthur investigate that.

Thank you, Maya

Hi

Erez from the iOS team works with the customer and the issue was fixed.

Thanks

Yariv

Dear @yarivm,

Could you share the fix? I'm having the same problem with an old account in power BI and can't remove it from the list. I also use MS Authenticator, but I deleted the account there and other Office Apps.

Hi @Moonlight80 

Here is the solution that @Remco confirmed that worked for this case:

Install the OneDrive app.

Then perform the steps in this thread answer:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_imobile/remove-onedrive-f...

Then try to login again using the Power BI app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors