Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

iOS Mapbox Tooltips in mobile

How do map tooltips work in the Mapbox viz on mobile? I can see the tooltips in the web-based PowerBI service but I am not sure what the equivalent is to hover in the mobile app. Is it even possible to see the tooltips within the mobile app?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Tooltip is shown in Power BI Mobile app when you long-press on a data point in the visual.

It should work the same for all visuals, including custom viz. Is that not the experience you are having with Mapbox viz?

Thanks, Maya

Having the same issue in the ipad and long pressing doesnt work as suggested in this thread. It is not just tooltips. It doesn't select points or areas as web does.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems like a compatible issue between custom visual and mobile app, I'd like to suggest you contact the visual author or mobile app team to report this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Partially true that is a power bi mobile app incompatibility as it partially work when accessing visual on safari browser on the ipad. chroropleth shape selection works, however tooltips of point selection doesn't.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors