Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kbersani
Advocate I
Advocate I

iOS Alerts not working

We are trying to get the Alerts feature to work on iPhone 6 and 6 plus but they are not triggering. I have setup a number of Alerts and refreshed the data to trigger however both the push notificaiton and the in-app notification are not being triggered.

Both phones are using v4.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tim,

Currently the data driven notifications are supported while app is either closed or in the background (same for app badge). However, upon refresh, the alerts section should contain the new incident records.

However, these days we're working on in-app notification support, which allows any type of notification (either data-driven or metadata related) to pop up even when app in foreground.

Please let me know if the above answers your concerns.

Thanks, Hila

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hilay
Employee
Employee

Hi,

thank you for sharing this feedback,

In order to verify the root of these, please update the AlertRule, while setting a "in affect" threshold. For instance: if currently the 'Above' value is set to '10', and the value of the tile is '12', then please disable the 'Above' rule, and set a 'Below' value to '20' (assuming tile's value is still below 20). Then refresh the data set manually through PBI.com.

If this issue still occurs please contact us using this mail: Support@powerbi.email (Support@powerbi.email)

Thanks, Hila

Hi Hila,

I will email support, however we tested your request with no luck. The current tile vallue is 4,454, we disabled the 'Above' rule and set a 'below' rule to 8,000, refreshed the data through PBI.com and waited an hour with no aleart being tirggered on three iOS phones we tested.

Hi,

Can you please check if on the Alerts area on your app you can see a record indicate that the alert was triggered ?

Can you please send us a screenshots of your Alrets area to mpbisup@microsoft.com (instead of the email account we sent you beofre)?

Thank you,

Dana.

Hi Dana,

I just sent the request screenshots to the new eamil address. Also I have confirmed that both phones did not have any information besides "no alearts at this time" within the Alearts area of the app.

Thank you,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you, we received the email with the images.

Can you please set the rule again, close the app and then open it again. Can you please let us know if now you can see the Alert rule on the Alerts area?

Thank you,

Dana.

I am also having this same issue. The badge icon is not being triggered in addition to the alerts not appearing in the Alerts area within the Power BI app on my iPhone.

I'm using the Power BI iPhone app version 6.1 and iOS 9.2.1.

Hi Tim,

Currently the data driven notifications are supported while app is either closed or in the background (same for app badge). However, upon refresh, the alerts section should contain the new incident records.

However, these days we're working on in-app notification support, which allows any type of notification (either data-driven or metadata related) to pop up even when app in foreground.

Please let me know if the above answers your concerns.

Thanks, Hila

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors