Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

embed filtered power BI Graph + licensing

Hello,

for our client we have the following need:

Embed one or 2 power BI graphs in a Mobile Application.

Those graphs would be filtered based on the user who is using the application.

Also, we can have many users using the application, client don't want to pay 10 USD per user and per month just accessing 2 graphs.

Is there any way, licensing method available so we could fullfill the need without paying one license per user ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,

Roland.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: embed filtered power BI Graph + licensing

Hi @rolanda,

If you mean to share with users for free, you can use publish to web feature to share your report. (notice: publish to web feature shared contents does not allow you to apply any security and filter settings)

Publish to web from Power BI#limitations 

For your requirements, I'd like to suggest you upgrade to Premium license. After you configure RLS and assign them to premium capacity, it allow you to share your content to free users without Pro license and enable the security filter.

What is Power BI Premium? 

Power BI Premium FAQ 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rolanda,

If you mean to share with users for free, you can use publish to web feature to share your report. (notice: publish to web feature shared contents does not allow you to apply any security and filter settings)

Publish to web from Power BI#limitations 

For your requirements, I'd like to suggest you upgrade to Premium license. After you configure RLS and assign them to premium capacity, it allow you to share your content to free users without Pro license and enable the security filter.

What is Power BI Premium? 

Power BI Premium FAQ 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I think it would be the only way.

My client finally has a license office 365 including the Power BI pro for each of their users, so, my problem is solved anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors