Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahsanlhcgov
Helper III
Helper III

display power bi dashboard on apple tv. is there an app for apple tv

I have a couple of LG tvs attached in hallway of my office. i would like to put my power bi dashboard on it. we have  a couple of apple tvs in office. 

would that work or should i buy something different in order to do so?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Power BI app for Win 10 (PC, Phone and tablets) has a cool presentation mode that fits to scereen :

You can also  display Dashboards and reports using the web app.

View solution in original post

Now that you have apps for iOS and watchOS, perhaps a tvOS app wouldn't be a major engineering effort...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Power BI app for Win 10 (PC, Phone and tablets) has a cool presentation mode that fits to scereen :

You can also  display Dashboards and reports using the web app.

thanks for your reply Romik. Unfotunately we are not upgrading to win10 in near future. 2ndly I dont want to dedicate a special PC/tablet for 1 screen. 

Now that you have apps for iOS and watchOS, perhaps a tvOS app wouldn't be a major engineering effort...

I vote for this

Could we please have a dedicated PowerBI app for Apple TV?

I've heard from several companies that uses AppleTV for display purposes with their monitors including our own, that with the ability from Apple TV (4th gen and newer) that now has a dedicated app store, it would be much more convenient having the app directly on the AppleTV, instead of having to broadcast from an iPad running PowerBI-app, via AirPlay. Not only is the AirPlay function not 100% stabile (drops out occasionally), but the resolution on iPhone / iPad screen, never aligns with modern monitors for display purposes, thus you get very poor scaling, text is hard to read etc.

TLDR: We have PowerBI apps for iPhone + iPad... many people could really benefit from that portet to AppleTV's appstore as well. 

Hey KennethHansen,

We currently have no such plans.

But it will be intresting to hear the community voice on this one... can you suggest that in our user voice site? https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939 

Thanks, Maya

yes it shouldn`t be but dont know when its going to available. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors