Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhill
Helper I
Helper I

change user windows app

I am trying to sign in using a different account to the Power BI windows 10 app. I sign out of one account and then try to sign in to the other using the "use a different account" option and I just get signed in as the same account again. Nothing comes up to allow me to enter new credentials.

5 REPLIES 5
klimbo13
Regular Visitor

The Windows 10 Settings app lets you create a new account for a friend or family member, as described in the previous section. And it lets you tweak your own account, changing your account password or switching between a Microsoft or a Local account.

Not sure what "previous section" you are referring to, however, as I said...I have 2 microsoft accounts and cannot switch between them in the Windows 10 app.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @rhill,

Are using Windows Phone or a desktop/tablet device?

If you are using Windows Phone, you need to make sure that the account you want to use for authenticating agaist Power BI is configured as work or school account in the device setting.

Maya 

I am using Windows 10 on a desktop. I have two work accounts. Up until this week I have been able to use either account, actually the other one is the main one I use. I am guessing something changed with the app that all of a sudden it doesn't allow me to switch.

Can you please send us an email with screenshots from the experience you're having to our support mail: mpbisup@microsoft.com?

Thanks Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors