Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

bookmarks mobile app

Hello,

I have a filter pane which is made out of bookmark. I am curious - how can I implement it in mobile version?

Also are there possibility to create a new bookmarks? I can see in "Selection" pane that I cannot hide/display visuals, its greyed out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The filter pane and all the slicers in it are available when consuming the report from the app - you do not have to do anything special for it. 

Regarding the bookmark - again, the bookmark pane is available in the app and you do not have to do anything special to have it. If you connect the bookmark to a visual (like button) you need to have the button on the canvas, so the user will be able to see and click it.

Maya

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Bookmarks are global, regadless of the layout you are currently viewing. 

You define report bookmarks in Power BI desktop (or in the service when editing/creating the report) in the standard desktop layout. The bookmark will be available for the mobile layout as well. 

Report viewers can view and apply the bookmark, by selecting the bookmark from the bookmark pane (in Power BI Mobile app the pane is at the report footer) or by clicking a button if the bookmark is conncted as an action to a button (or other interaction visual).

When you author the report and build your mobile layout, you cannot interact or create bookmarks that apply only in the mobile layout. 

I suggest that you create your report. add a bookmark and publish it, so you can consume it through the mobile app and see how it works. 

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Now I understand. How about - when I clicked mobile layout, I had to drag and drop the visualisations one more time. I think I didn't seen all my slicers from filter pane, nor the pane itself. How it would be apply? Automatically? Yes I've set a bookmark on that pane in desktop version. Do I need to repopulate it somehow in mobile? Sorry I am asking, I am working for a client and havent been provided mobile phone to test it, cannot log in their company credentials on my private mobile therefore I try to deliver as much as possible before 3rd party test it on their phones

The filter pane and all the slicers in it are available when consuming the report from the app - you do not have to do anything special for it. 

Regarding the bookmark - again, the bookmark pane is available in the app and you do not have to do anything special to have it. If you connect the bookmark to a visual (like button) you need to have the button on the canvas, so the user will be able to see and click it.

Maya

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous ,

Eventough you cannot apply the bookmark when you edit the mobile layout of the report, when consuming it through the app, you can apply bookmarks from the bookmark pane (found at the report footer) or from any button/action connected to it. 

Thanks Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I dont know if I understood. Okay I can bring bookmark pane into mobile layout(?) right? But how it don't make bookmark on mobile site, all bookmarks are applied on desktop layout so far. Or they will work but just in mobile layout?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors