Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lhb887
Frequent Visitor

barcode scanner doesn't filter,,

I have a problem as in the past,,

When I use the barcode scanner from the left hand menu of the app, it recognizes it and pulls up the correct report, but it does not filter that report by the barcode. When I try to use the scanner within the report to filter, it says, "No code found. Align code within frame." I have tried this multiple times.

I have only one barcode field in PBIX and it's already barcode format,,(data category)

could you help me..?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

I hate to resurrect this old topic, but i cant find anything else and no one is replying to my thread. I have the same issue as the person above me. My report does not filter but it does open after scanning the bar code. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey @airwolf39 ,

Can you please double check that your report is not filtered? there is a known issue where the scanned barcode does not affect the report filter pane, but it does filter the report content by the code scanned.

If the problem still persists, can you please share more details on what platform are you using, app version, and sample PBIX with a repro of the issue?

Thanks, Maya

mclaasen
Regular Visitor

Same issue on my side (mobile app v 15.4)

Scanning works ok, but no filtering. EAN barcode, 128 barcode, EAN13. Nothing works.

Hi Maya,

thanks for your reply.

I checked the filtering and these are persistant filters.

So, when I scan the report opens (with the persistent filter).

This behavior means that the retail scenario is not supported anymore since there you can show data on the report for one specific item that you identified by scanning the barcode.

In your scenario you predefine the filter as I understand. So no dynamic filters are possible.

Is that correct?

Any news on this subject?

Hey,

We are looking into it.

Thanks Maya

This one is killing me!!! 100+ stores can't use it because the barcode filter doesn't work 😞 

I apologize for the inconvenience. the fix should arrive to production early next .

Maya

Does this mean early next week? Is the fix to the Power BI Mobile app for iOS or something else?

Yes, early next week.

This is a server side fix, no need to update the app.

Maya

From what I can tell, it seems that this has been resolved. The scanner filter passes onto the report now, and you can use the scanner within a report to filter. Thank you for your help!

@RyanAck wrote:

From what I can tell, it seems that this has been resolved. The scanner filter passes onto the report now, and you can use the scanner within a report to filter. Thank you for your help!

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same error now. I have v. 15 iOS app, the one with the brand new look.  The scanner opens my report but not filtered.

Does anyone know if issue is back again with the Iphone app?

Thanks for all the help you could supply.

Best,

Thank you Maya. This is why I love dealing with Microsoft. I'm not left in the dark! 

dear,

I have a problem with scanning barcodes,, (with Iphone)

Is there no way to scan a barcode, not QR code??

Thanks

mclaasen
Regular Visitor

Same problem on my side (mobile app v 15.4)

lhb887
Frequent Visitor

and it's EAN Barcode.. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors