Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luissanchez
Frequent Visitor

avoid users to go to the report from panel

Hello, is there any way to prevent users from going to the report from the panel.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@luissanchez

When you share a dashboard to other users, they can access the report, but they can't edit the report. Currently, it's not supported to limit the access to report if you share the dashboard already. Please submit a feature request on Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

Regards,

Simon Hou

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@luissanchez

Can you clarify you question? What do your mean avoid user access report "from panel"?

Regards,

Hi,I would like to be able to share a panel but you could not go to the report it came from.

Hello, is there any way to prevent users from going to the report from the panel.

Hi @luissanchez,

As my understand, I think no. but you could implement RLS for non-authorization users to see blank/empty data of charts

Thank you very much for your answer. RLS does not seem like a definitive solution.
The simplest would be to enable or not to go to the report from the panel.
Perhaps in an upcoming update.
Smiley Wink

@luissanchez

When you share a dashboard to other users, they can access the report, but they can't edit the report. Currently, it's not supported to limit the access to report if you share the dashboard already. Please submit a feature request on Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

Regards,

Simon Hou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors