Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fer_vd
Frequent Visitor

android compatible

Hi, I'm using Power Bi for a while now and it worked decently.

Although now someone came to me telling he could no longer open the Power Bi App.

He does not receive a message from Power Bi, the app just crashes.

The version of Power Bi was up to date but to be sure we decided to try and reinstall the app.

But.. when trying we found out his device was not supported anymore and thus it was not possible to reinstall. Which I found weird because my phone is an older model.

So I decided to check it in the playstore and I got the message of my phone not being compatible aswell.. But for some reason everything still works fine on my phone.

Both are android devices. Any clue why this happens and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please note, the Power BI Android app is supported on devices with OS 5.0 or higher.

We don't longer support KitKat 4.4.2. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
raseshu

Hi
Facing the same problem. On Android 4.4.2

Please note, the Power BI Android app is supported on devices with OS 5.0 or higher.

We don't longer support KitKat 4.4.2. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@fer_vd, could you please post here the detailed error message you got? In addition, please be sure that your phone runs the Android 5.0 operating system, or later.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors