Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abevann
Helper III
Helper III

Wrong number's format

Guys,

I have a weird issue; I already configured all the regional settings on Power BI Desktop, and the information looks perfect (e. g. 2,000.00). Once I get into powerbi.com, it changes to the wrong format (e. g. 2.000,00) I already check all regional configurations in Power BI Desktop and are correct (Mexico Spanish), and actually all the time looks fine. Once I check in the browser (tried in Chrome, Safari and mobile app) It changes the format to the wrong one. I checked the Windows and IOS configuration and seems to be fine. 

Any suggestion? thanks a lot! regards

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abevann,

AFAIK, visual data format will auto changes based on your system language and locale. I'd like to suggest you check/modify your service and device language/locale to keep the original format.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hey Xiaoxin,

Somehow you were right; I was already checked local configuration several times, but I haven't done in browser. In Chrome I change the configuration and it worked; Chrome configuration.jpg

It should be something with the spell checking, but solve the problem in Chrome at least; I'll try with all other platforms (mobile, Edge and Safari), but al least Chrome is working... thanks, regards,

Abelardo

Just an update; Edge worked, but Safari didn't. Android seems to be right configured, but doesn't work.

Regards,

Abelardo

Guys, 

Only solution for mobile is to change the configuration to english... in spanish (Mexico) neither in Samsung Android nor in IOS worked fine. In english it worked well.

Hey @Abevann,

Thanks for reporting this. We are fixing this formatting issue. 

The next app release (planned for mid-August) will include that fix.

Regards,

Maya

Thanks Maya!

Regards, Abelardo

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Abevann ,

Is your phone reginal config correct?

Since it happens in your mobile browser and not only in the mobile app, i would recomment posting this question in Power BI service forum, since it is related to the web client.

Thanks, Maya

Hey @mshenhav ,

That's correct, the configuration in mobile is Spanish (Mexico), I double checked in a PC with several browsers (Chrome, Edge) both configured for Spanish. Same thing in a Mac in Chrome and Safari. In the OS both Widows 10 and IOS is already configured as Spanish (Mexico) figure below:Formato reginal Win 10.jpg

Only difference, is in Power BI, there is only spanish (seems no difference between Spain and Mexico) the fact is that in Spain they use the european sytem (e. g. 1.000,00) and in Mexico we use the american system (e. g. 1,000.00)... that's the only reason I should think of...

Regards, 

Abelardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors