Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nvarma2

Wrong location in the app

i have some data which shows the location of a dealer .

In the desktop file its showing the proper locations but when i publish it the location for Alabama,Usa pops up in Norway.

Note: the location is displayed properly in the desktop version there is an error in the app version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for reporting this.

We are investigating this with the team responsible for the map visual.

As a workaround, you can add the "country" as high level hierarchy, and in the view "expand to next level" to get the states:  

map states.jpg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
phungo

I think HI (Hawaii) is behaving the same way.

try adding country as a heirarchy. Worked for me

Its working that way.

phungo

I think HI is behaving the same way.

varunallam
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue for my user. Alabama is showing up in Norway for the map visual.

This shows intened USA state 'AL' in Norway in both the power-BI Desktop and On-Line. All other states show in USA.

Hey @PatMcN64

Can you please send Power BI Support mail (mpbisup@microsoft.com) with more details (device type, os version and app version) and side by side screen capture of the map in Power BI Desktop and Power BI App?

Thanks Maya

Hi Maya,

Sent email with screenshots - online and Desktop versions.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this.

We are investigating this with the team responsible for the map visual.

As a workaround, you can add the "country" as high level hierarchy, and in the view "expand to next level" to get the states:  

map states.jpg

The work-around is functioning.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @nvarma2

Can you please send Power BI Support mail (mpbisup@microsoft.com) with more details (device type, os version and app version) and side by side screen capture of the map in Power BI Desktop and Power BI App?

Thanks, Maya

sent

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors