Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rhill
Helper I
Helper I

Windows app - can open dashboard, but can't open reports

I have several users that have Power BI Windows app on their Windows 10 computers. One of them can open a dashboard but cannot click on the individual reports in that dashboard and have it open. That person can open reports within dashboards when using the browser Power BI portal, and if logged in to another computer with the same credentials, can correctly open reports. We have uninstalled Power BI app, restarted the computer and then reinstalled the app from the Windows store. Still does not work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I tried searching but did not find anything to help. Also, there is no error message. The pointer does change to a hand, but clicking does nothing.

6 REPLIES 6
yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @rhill,

Can you please check the app version that this user have and what is the device type?

Can you also please send a screenshot of the tile actions from this user's device like it is shown in the attached image?

If tile actions, shows "open report", what happens when the user clicks on it?

In addition, is this dashboard (on the user device) is in "shared with me" section? and for other users is it also in "shared with me" or is it in group/workspace?

tile actions.PNG

Thanks,

Yaron

@yaronc,

The dashboard is in the "shared with me" section, same as other users. The tile actions (...) does not do anything at all. Screenshots of the requested information Power BI app workspace.pngPower BI computer specs.pngPower BI ellipse.pngPower BI app version.png

Hi @rhill,

Based on test, I can open the shared report. Have you test on other shared reports?

You should make sure where the issue appears.(specific report or all reports)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I have tested on several dashboards & reports for this user. Nothing opens. I do not have the issue when he logs in on another computer (using the app). He also does not have the issue if he logs in via the web. It is only the Windows 10 app.

Hi @rhill,

According to your description, the issue seems like related to your device, perhaps you can submit a support ticket for it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @rhill,

Please contact us in PBIWinAppSup@microsoft.com and we will take it from there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors