Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhill
Helper I
Helper I

Windows app back button/arrow not working correctly

I am using Power BI windows app version 3218.30501.1574.0 on Windows 10. Recently I noticed that if I open a dashboard, click to open a report and then go to another tab in that report, I have to click the back arrow (top left) multiple times to get back to my dashboard. If I only open a report and then click the back arrow, it exits the report without problem. It seems to only be an issue when I click on another tab in the report.

I have tried on multiple dashboards with the same results. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the windows app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should not need to click twice - this is a bug.

Thanks for reporing it.

We will investigate the root cause.

Maya

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JaeHou

Hello, did this issue get resolved?  My executive team is experiencing the same issue with dashboards/reports I have shared.  

I have a report that has several pages.  When I click through the pages, there is no way to get back to the original dashboard without having to go back to WorkPlaces and reopen the dashboard. The (<-) Back arrow used to take me back to the dashboard until the behavior changed recently. Now when I click the (<-) Back arrow, it cycles me back through all the pages I clicked through until I get back to the Dashboard.  There is no breadcrumbs that I can see to take me back to the dashboard quickly.  

Please put it back so clicking the Back arrow takes me back to the dashboard or add a breadcrumb like the browser app has.

Thanks,

Hey JaeHou,

The app has breadcrumbs that you can use. In the header you have a small down arrow that opens breadcrumbs.

The back button will track navigation in report's (this is now by design). The current issue that we are currently having is that you need too many taps/clicks on the back button to navigate back. we are working on a fix for that.

Maya

Hello, thanks for replying.  I see the dropdown as you suggest.  However, There is nothing that takes me back to the Dashboard I was on without having to go back to "Workplaces" and re-open the dashboard.  

The only options I see on the dropdown are Workspaces, My Workspaces, and the reportname.  How do i quickly get back to the dashboard that I was on before I opened the report?

Maybe I am missing something here...

Jae

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @rhill,

This is actually new behaviour by design.

We added report page navigation to the back button stack, so now you can go back to pages you visited during your data exploration and as well as from drill through.

Maya

I can see where that might be useful. Although, I did forget to mention that I have to click twice to get back to previous tab and then twice again to get out of the report.

I think I just need to change my behaviour to just click on favorites to get back to my list of dashboards. 

Was this in the release blog?

You should not need to click twice - this is a bug.

Thanks for reporing it.

We will investigate the root cause.

Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors