Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhwilliams914

Windows Phone - can't get beyond sign in prompt

Login attempts with a valid account result in "Couldn't sign in to Power BI    please check your connection and try again"

OS and app are up to date, I'm hoping I am missing something commonplace.  The error occurs with cell or wifi service in place.  

My team was given a set unused HP Elite x3 Windows phones, and there is little to no chance of funding for Android or iOS replacements.  We do a lot of field work, and I would like to wring what utility I can from them - with our Power BI reports at the top of the list.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yarivm
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for your report

Can you please try to login to the service from the same device using edge browser?

On your windows phone, go to account an make sure no other accounts are logged there, if yes remove these accounts and add the account you want to use with Power BI

Thanks

Yariv

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yarivm
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for your report

Can you please try to login to the service from the same device using edge browser?

On your windows phone, go to account an make sure no other accounts are logged there, if yes remove these accounts and add the account you want to use with Power BI

Thanks

Yariv

Yariv,

The app login is now working properly on my Windows phone, thank you.

I have been able to login to the Power BI service from the mobile Edge browser from the beginning, but not that app.  I signed out of all accounts, and removed/deleted them for good measure.  I then opened Power BI and entered my credentials there first, and voila, I'm in.  I logged back into all accounts, and it still works great.

Regards,

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors