cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhwilliams914 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Windows Phone - can't get beyond sign in prompt

Login attempts with a valid account result in "Couldn't sign in to Power BI    please check your connection and try again"

OS and app are up to date, I'm hoping I am missing something commonplace.  The error occurs with cell or wifi service in place.  

My team was given a set unused HP Elite x3 Windows phones, and there is little to no chance of funding for Android or iOS replacements.  We do a lot of field work, and I would like to wring what utility I can from them - with our Power BI reports at the top of the list.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power BI Team yarivm
Power BI Team

Re: Windows Phone - can't get beyond sign in prompt

Thanks for your report

Can you please try to login to the service from the same device using edge browser?

On your windows phone, go to account an make sure no other accounts are logged there, if yes remove these accounts and add the account you want to use with Power BI

Thanks

Yariv

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power BI Team yarivm
Power BI Team

Thanks for your report

Can you please try to login to the service from the same device using edge browser?

On your windows phone, go to account an make sure no other accounts are logged there, if yes remove these accounts and add the account you want to use with Power BI

Thanks

Yariv

View solution in original post

mhwilliams914 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yariv,

The app login is now working properly on my Windows phone, thank you.

I have been able to login to the Power BI service from the mobile Edge browser from the beginning, but not that app.  I signed out of all accounts, and removed/deleted them for good measure.  I then opened Power BI and entered my credentials there first, and voila, I'm in.  I logged back into all accounts, and it still works great.

Regards,

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,494 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: