Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkp

Why power bi app not available in windows phones ???

Why power bi app not available in windows phones ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Its more than in plan - I saw a working demo of it at the Microsoft data culture day in London two weeks ago where they had the mobile Product devs over. No date on release - just ironing out the last bugs but must be very close.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Martin

I have just upgraded my Windows 8.1 Nokia 1520 mobile to a Windows 10 Lumia 950XL.

Good news is now there is a proper version of Office for Windows phone which matches iOS and Android versions. Excel on Windows 10 Mobile will now render complicated dashboards with advanced charts..., yeah !

So now I think great ! Over to the Windows Universal Appstore to download Power BI and a few of my designs that I run on my iPad I'll now try on my Lumia.  That was the point of upgrading to Windows 10 mobile ... right ?

Wrong ! There is no mention of Power BI anywhere ???? Surely this TOTALLY defeats the idea of a Universal multi device apps store, which was a premise of Windows 10.

Can someone from the Power BI team please respond to this with something more substantial than "it is in our plans".

This is depressing for Microsoft fans like myself who are also early adopters.

Its more than in plan - I saw a working demo of it at the Microsoft data culture day in London two weeks ago where they had the mobile Product devs over. No date on release - just ironing out the last bugs but must be very close.

Thanks for the prompt reply @spiderrob

Really look forward to it as I see the Windows 10 Mobile / Continuum / Cortana / Power BI / Office combo as being very powerful for us and a real BI differentiator all around from device -> software -> deliverables 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors