Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

olik
Helper I
Helper I

Why does everything need to be clicked TWICE on mobile app?

Hi,

I'm surprised I couldn't find anything on this at all - why is the app set up so that every interaction requires two clicks?

E.g. to click a button I need to first select the button (grey border appears), then click the button a second later (action triggered). Same for a date slider - I need to click into the area first (grey border appears), then I can move the slider.

Is there any way round this?

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
gmaciel
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is really a big problem for anyone who wants to use buttons with bookmarks on mobile, since it makes the experience slower, and sometimes it even seems like the button didn't work. Buttons doesn't need to be clicked twice on tablets, it would be very nice if this could be reproduced on mobile as well.

Hey @gmaciel,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are lookimg into changing that behavior, and allowing single-tap interaction - which will solve your issue as well.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Maya 

Hi,

Fingers crossed this is in the January 2019 release Smiley Wink.

Have a great Christmas and all the best for 2019.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi @JonBaylis,

I'm also struggeling with this issue and it's actually very annoying for the end user.

Do you know whether its on the feature list for the next release for real or is it just a guess?

Hi, Happy New Year. Can't wait for this to be fixed. I was guessing it will be in January 2019's release. Guess time will tell. Thanks, Jon

Hi
Quick update
Enabling single tap interaction with report visuals
We changed report interaction so it will require only one tap on a visual, button, or slicer to interact with its data right away. Users will no longer need to tap on a visual to select it and to tap again to interact with it, a single tap will do them both.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-app-single-tap 

Please use latest version on iOS and Android

Thanks
Yariv

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yarivm Is there any update for this to work on iOS embedded instances of Power BI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it does mention it was added, but it doesn't mention how to enable it. Do you happen to know?

It's enabled by default

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried on iOS 13.2 on an iPhone 11 and and iPad Pro. I have to double tap on both. I used my own app and also microsoft's example here: https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html

Thank you for pointing out this behavior in iOS.

Support for single tap on report embed visuales for IOS touch devices will released in about a month.

Hi

Can you please publish this on https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/bd-p/Developer

I will also send this to the embedded team

Thanks

Yariv

mannu_in

Any update on this? 

JonBaylis
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @olik,

Did you get any workaround for this?

I too have the same problem. I have a report that works great on a PC in a browser and it has lots of buttons that 

use bookmarks. Problem is the Board Members view the report's Published URL on an iPad and everything requires

two clicks. The first click selects the report part, i.e. A button then you have to click it again for the report to jump to the bookmarked page. Frustrating and not useable for most.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

User should be able to decide whether they want to double-click or single click, this option should be made available and if it is a bug it should be fixed.

This is not a bug, but a design choice.

First tap selects the visual, and second tap interact with the visual internal element.

Based on the community feedback we are revisiting this design. if you wish to impact our decision, please add your vote to our user voice site: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/filters/hot?category_id=105939

Thanks Maya

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @olik,

I can't reproduce your issue, can you please share more detail and explain your operate more clearly?

Which back button? Normally back feature button or bookmark, drillthrough back button?

Which device and version you test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks - what do you mean, I never mentioned a "back button"...

Very easy to reproduce though, just set up a bookmark button in your report and open it in the mobile app. Clicking the button the first time will only highlight the area, clicking again will trigger the action.

Same for a slicer: Clicking it once will only highlight the slicer area, and only then are you able to click again to actually select any tickbox.

HI @olik,

>>Same for a slicer: Clicking it once will only highlight the slicer area, and only then are you able to click again to actually select any tickbox.

I think this setting is used to prevent incorrect click, If you not need this you can submit an idea to idea forum for add option to control turn on/off this feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors