Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomLU123
Helper III
Helper III

Why did the Power BI alert triggered before the underline report refresh?

Hi Expert,

We have one Power BI dashboard and we set an alert for one of the tiles. The dashboard only has one underline report and we use ad-hoc refreh to refreh the data when needed. 

The issue is: we received the alert at 9:00 AM. But actually, we started the report refresh at 9:10 AM and it completed at 9:11 AM. The alert is triggered before the report refresh. 

Do you know why the alert is triggered before the underline report refresh?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@TomLU123  - I understand I was apparently failing to be funny making a time travel joke. Anyway, perhaps it is just an issue with the time stamp. Let me put it another way. Did you REALLY receive the alert, and you saw the alert in your inbox and then you went out and pressed the button to start the refresh? Is it possible that the alert was triggered by a different refresh (scheduled or someone else).

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomLU123,

Have you deployed the power bi service dataset and gateway client in the same date region? If they are host on different data regions, it may faced the issue that you mention due to datetimezone offsets.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@TomLU123 - Hard to say exactly. The real question is did the alert trigger correctly?

At the end of the day though, I'm guessing...Steins;Gate..

Latest book!:

Hi @Greg_Deckler , the content in the Aleart is the old data before the refresh, and it was sent before the underline report refresh. 

What we expected is that the alert should be sent after the ad-hoc refresh completed and the new data should be used in the Alert. 

@TomLU123  - I understand I was apparently failing to be funny making a time travel joke. Anyway, perhaps it is just an issue with the time stamp. Let me put it another way. Did you REALLY receive the alert, and you saw the alert in your inbox and then you went out and pressed the button to start the refresh? Is it possible that the alert was triggered by a different refresh (scheduled or someone else).

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors