Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SCTDev
Helper I
Helper I

Warning about DAX and Dashboard

About a week ago a change occurred in PBI where something that was working stopped working.

I have a measure that is displayed on a card, and about a week ago the dashboard where the card is pinned started displaying:

(Blank)

The report displayed the value correctly, e.g. 5.2, but the pinned card displayed "(Blank)".  It used to display the value in the dashboard until about 4/15/2017.

I found the error was in my DAX forumula for the measure.  I was using FIXED to format the measure to 1 digit to the right of the decimal point but I didn't notice that FIXED returns TEXT, not a DECIMAL NUMBER.  Once I changed the formula to use ROUND instead of FIXED, the value displayed correctly.  My guess is the code for dashboards changed about that time and more rigidly enforced that only decimal numbers can be displayed as numbers on cards.

Mark

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SCTDev,

I'd like to suggest check the report if the card visual in report also got blank.

If this is a case, I think the issue may related to source data, please double check your datasource and share some detail contents about this issue.(e.g. datasource type, connect mode, refresh history, gateway state...)

>>My guess is the code for dashboards changed about that time and more rigidly enforced that only decimal numbers can be displayed as numbers on cards.

Card visual and measure also support text and other numeric type.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.