Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reiser63

Values and keys for power BI App when roll out by MDM

Hello everybody

where I can get information regarding the keys and values I can set for a rollout by MDM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey,

Here is the documentiona for remote Report Server app policy config with MDM:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-powerbi-mobile-apps-remote

Maya

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey,

Here is the documentiona for remote Report Server app policy config with MDM:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-powerbi-mobile-apps-remote

Maya

Dear All,

I been searching for this query. I have similar issue when i setup value and keys to automate the reporting configuration server in power bi mobile application thru MDM. 

Currently am using airwatch workspace one UEM to control the device. however i have put in the configuration key and value into airwatch MDM power bi apps..but its doesn't work. please help me...

Hey @mario88 ,

It should work. 

Are you able to configure other apps on the device? 

Thanks, Maya

@mshenhav  yes other apps no issue.

I have no issue push the Power BI apps to the gadget thru airwatch worskpace one MDM. however i want to make the server report automatically filled when user open it. but unfortunately till now not success.

I have put in the configuration key : com.microsoft.powerbi.mobile.ServerURL

value type : string

configuration value : its my internal URL power bi reporting link

Please help, is there missing configuration or the key are wrong? thanks.

Hey @mario88,

Can you please add to your configuration also com.microsoft.powerbi.mobile.ServerUsername key and its value, and report back if it solved the problem?

Thanks, Maya

Hi @mshenhav  still no luck.. the server report not autofill.

i also have try reinstall the apps and install back push from MDM.. then re-open the power bi apps, also the server report not autofill.

anyway am using power BI version 2.2

Hey @mario88,

Can you double check Power BI mobile app version you are using? 

Go to app's setting and look for version.

Or just make sure you are using the latest version from the store.

Are you running iOS or Android? 

Thanks,

Maya

@mshenhav it's stated version 219378

Am using android phones with Airwatch workspace one MDM.

@mshenhav After i log ticket to Airwatch Vmware vendor, they mention power BI mobile apps MDM configuration key only works on Android for work, but didn;t work for android legacy.

is there a plan for upgrade/enhance this functionality in order for Airwatch MDM to auto push for android legacy container? because currently i have 4k gadgets need to enroll. if need to migrate from android legacy to android for work, it will be a lot efford as end user location also not in same places. thanks.

Hey @mario88 ,

We do not plan to integrate with Android legacy.

Regards, Maya 

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors