Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yeroc
Frequent Visitor

Using personal email with mobile app

We have some external users that we'd like to invite to view and consume some power bi reports. We can do this easily by adding them to the app and them using a link to do that. These users do have a gmail email address. 

What I am wondering and have been trying to confirm is if those gmail addresses and the invite to the app can be used on the mobile app.

All I have to go by is

Inviting guest users with consumer email accounts is supported in Power BI. 
This includes domains such as hotmail.com, outlook.com and gmail.com.
However, those users may experience limitations beyond what users with work or school accounts encounter.

From the whitepaper on Azure B2B. So far I am seeing the limitation of using consumer email accounts with the app. 

Thanks for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Yeroc ,

Power BI Mobile app needs that every user has a Home tenant, meaning that he should be able to login to Power BI and land on his own content (even if it is empty content).

Only then he will be able to use a link to go as guest user to external tenant.

Maya

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Yeroc ,

Power BI Mobile app needs that every user has a Home tenant, meaning that he should be able to login to Power BI and land on his own content (even if it is empty content).

Only then he will be able to use a link to go as guest user to external tenant.

Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors