Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RicAllen

Unable to render mobile reports in Power BI Android or iOS app that work fine.

My organization uses the new mobile reports. These work fine from the web portal and use to work fine in the Power BI ios and android application.

Now all of a sudden they spin forever and never load. They still work fine from the web portal. They are very small concise reports with small amounts of data being loaded. I can't imagine that the Power BI app is being overwhelmed.

Did something happen? Is this a known issue?

I have seen some other similar issues, but am not sure if this is the same issue. I apologize if this is a repost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Happy that we could help here. Thanks for helping use troubleshooting this issue!

We would add this to our documentation.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
vrocca
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi all,

After working with Microsoft on this, we have identified the issue and found a solution to get the mobile reports to render on Android.

The issue was identified by looking at the SSRS Log files located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles. We reviewed the logs captured during the timeframe that the app was being tested on the Android device and came across this error: 

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!4a1!12/05/2016-14:21:42:: e ERROR: [5fu669ij]: XSRF Failed (NonceCookieNotFound)

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!4a1!12/05/2016-14:21:42:: i INFO: [5fu669ij]: 10.160.6.250: POST /api/v1.0/CatalogItems%28525798b3-88a3-446a-b8c4-66831b481c51%29/Model.DataSet/Model.GetData - Response 403 - 0:00:00.0014077

The error appears to be related to a domain name resolution problem as pointed out here

We tested changing the connection to the server to the fully qualified domain name and were able to get the mobile reports to render. We also tested with the IP address of the server and were able to view the reports as well.

Hope this helps!

-Victor

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com

Happy that we could help here. Thanks for helping use troubleshooting this issue!

We would add this to our documentation.

jtwilliams

We are having the same problem. The sample reports work just fine. Reports that just use the "SimulatedTable" don't have a problem. But any reports that connect using an data sources and datasets we have created don't work. 

Any updates on this issue? I was able to get report access for "SimulatedTable" but not for reports with data sources/sets. The reports render fine in iOS.

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

We have the same situation: mobile reports work on iOS, but don't work on Android. And no workaround at all, just to buy an iPhone 😃

BR, Sergey

Hi @vrocca

We have recently released and update to the store that we believe fixes this issue.

Please update your app and let us know if the problem reoccurs .

Thanks!

RowanW
Frequent Visitor

@RomiK wrote:

Hi @vrocca

We have recently released and update to the store that we believe fixes this issue.

Please update your app and let us know if the problem reoccurs .

Thanks!

That update fixed our issue 🙂 We had to remove the reference to the Reporting server and re-add it though (it wasn't refreshing). After that it worked fine.

Hi @RomiK,

I uninstalled Power BI on my Android, and installed it again, but facing the same error - An error has occured, please try again.

Only based on SimulatedTable mobile reports work.

BR, Sergey

Hi @RomiK,

Yesterday I updated my iPad and reinstalled Power BI on it, and now I'm experiencing the same error on the iPad (iOS ver.10.1.1).

BR, Sergey

Hi @RomiK - we are still experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

Taking offline with Victor

shawndup

We are experiencing the same problem and would like to find a solution. To date nothing we have tried resolved this.

Are you seeing simular symptoms? (The apps worked, but stopped working after a recent update?)

If so, can you please also help us with the questions I posted above?

1. Since when did you start seeing the problem?

Since we deployed the reports (10 Sep 2016)

1. What's your SSRS 2016 and mobile report publisher versions? Did you install any updates for these products lately?

SSRS 13.0.1601.5

Mobile publisher build - 1.0.3836.0

No updates applied

1. What's your Android OS version? Are you able to see the reports if you try to access the portal using your phone's browser?

Android version - 5

Can see the reoorts, they just don't render

1. Are you passing any parameters to your datasets?

Do you see the problem repro on all datasets? (e.g. can you try defining a dataset that does a simple SQL query instead of running a stored procedure?)

Some reports work and some don’t, all reports use Stored Procs

1. If you create a KPI using the same stored procedure? Does the KPI show ok?

Did not test this

1. What type of authentication are you using?

AD authentication via the Power BI app

The Power BI app updated on both my android and ios test devices. Now iOS has returned to functioning but Android is still having the problem.

Hi guys, has anyone found a solution to this issue. We are facing the same problem when we try to run our mobile reports from the android mobile app. We keep on receiving an  error wich says "an error has occured, please try again". 

Regards

I found out that my problem that I was copying developed reports from the development server to production server using drillingthrough reports in a sub-folder. The sub-folder names did not match in case, e..g. I had "subreports" on dev and "Subreports" in production !!

Even though reports were loading fine inside browsers, the PoweBI apps (Windows, iOS, and Andoird) were failing apparently because their references to drillthrough reports are case-sensitive.

I was only testing reports on production server from these mobile devices.

I hope this helps.

I have the exact same problem. Both iOS and Windows app work fine, but whenever we're opening a SSRS mobile report in the Android Power BI app it says "An error has occurred, please try again later".

RicAllen

On Android I do get the error message "An error has occured, please try again." but on iOS nothing. They both continue to spin the loading graphic endlessly.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you referring to SSRS mobile reports?

Any specific data set? locale? What version are you using?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors