Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RicAllen

Unable to render mobile reports in Power BI Android or iOS app that work fine.

My organization uses the new mobile reports. These work fine from the web portal and use to work fine in the Power BI ios and android application.

Now all of a sudden they spin forever and never load. They still work fine from the web portal. They are very small concise reports with small amounts of data being loaded. I can't imagine that the Power BI app is being overwhelmed.

Did something happen? Is this a known issue?

I have seen some other similar issues, but am not sure if this is the same issue. I apologize if this is a repost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Happy that we could help here. Thanks for helping use troubleshooting this issue!

We would add this to our documentation.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Yes SSRS Mobile Reports.

The data sets are hosted on the same sql instance (N/A US exterprise x64 2016 - v13.0.1601.5) as reporting services and are simple stored procedures. Nothing fancy.

The Power BI apps are the latest version from both the iOS and Android app store.

The SSRS web portal still runs fine but not a single report works through the app on any mobile platform. I really liked having our users using the Power BI app for simplicity.

I've tried creating brand new mobile reports from scratch. If I create a mock-up with no data connections this renders fine in the Power BI app. However if I pump even the smallest amount of data to it from a stored procedure the mobile reports no longer function in the app.

Hi,

Some more questions to help us figure out what's wrong:

1. Since when did you start seeing the problem?

2. What's your SSRS 2016 and mobile report publisher versions? Did you install any updates for these products lately?

3. What's your Android OS version? Are you able to see the reports if you try to access the portal using your phone's browser?

4. Are you passing any parameters to your datasets? Do you see the problem repro on all datasets? (e.g. can you try defining a dataset that does a simple SQL query instead of running a stored procedure?)

5. If you create a KPI using the same stored procedure? Does the KPI show ok?

6. What type of authentication are you using?

Thanks,

-David

Hi DeBahat

I am also facing the same problem of mobile reports not rendering in android mobile app. They keep saying an error has ocured, try again letter. My response to your questions above as as follows:

1. I started seeing the error today.
2. SQL server Version 13.0.1601.5, Mobile reports publisher Build 1.0.3895.0 and no updates have been done.
3. My android version is 4.4.2 and yes, I am able to veiw the reports using my phone browser
4. I am not passing any parameters to my datasets, they are just simple select queries
5. Yes, the KPI's are showing fine using both the mobile app and the browser
6. For authentication I am using RSWindowsNTLM

I hope to here from you soon

Regards

Tafadzwa

Hi DeBahat

I am also facing the same problem of mobile reports not rendering in android mobile app. They keep saying an error has ocured, try again letter. My response to your questions above as as follows:

1. I started seeing the error today.

2. SQL server Version 13.0.1601.5, Mobile reports publisher Build 1.0.3895.0 and no updates have been done.

3. My android version is 4.4.2 and yes, I am able to veiw the reports using my phone browser

4. I am not passing any parameters to my datasets, they are just simple select queries

5. Yes, the KPI's are showing fine using both the mobile app and the browser

6. For authentication I am using RSWindowsNTLM

I hope to here from you soon

Regards

Tafadzwa

Thanks, checking the issue

I really appreciate your help.

I am facing similar issues on Android on iOS. The SSRS 2016 reports are simple and open from the mobile browsers but when loaded from the latest version of the Power BI app they raise an error after a couple of seconds from showing the spinner.

I also noticed that drill through to another sub report when clicking on a chart series does not always respond.

Note that reports load fine (but much slower than desktop) when called from the mobile browser (Chrome and stock Android browser) on the same phone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors