My organization uses the new mobile reports. These work fine from the web portal and use to work fine in the Power BI ios and android application.
Now all of a sudden they spin forever and never load. They still work fine from the web portal. They are very small concise reports with small amounts of data being loaded. I can't imagine that the Power BI app is being overwhelmed.
Did something happen? Is this a known issue?
I have seen some other similar issues, but am not sure if this is the same issue. I apologize if this is a repost.
Solved! Go to Solution.
On Android I do get the error message "An error has occured, please try again." but on iOS nothing. They both continue to spin the loading graphic endlessly.
Yes SSRS Mobile Reports.
The data sets are hosted on the same sql instance (N/A US exterprise x64 2016 - v13.0.1601.5) as reporting services and are simple stored procedures. Nothing fancy.
The Power BI apps are the latest version from both the iOS and Android app store.
The SSRS web portal still runs fine but not a single report works through the app on any mobile platform. I really liked having our users using the Power BI app for simplicity.
I've tried creating brand new mobile reports from scratch. If I create a mock-up with no data connections this renders fine in the Power BI app. However if I pump even the smallest amount of data to it from a stored procedure the mobile reports no longer function in the app.
I am facing similar issues on Android on iOS. The SSRS 2016 reports are simple and open from the mobile browsers but when loaded from the latest version of the Power BI app they raise an error after a couple of seconds from showing the spinner.
I also noticed that drill through to another sub report when clicking on a chart series does not always respond.
Note that reports load fine (but much slower than desktop) when called from the mobile browser (Chrome and stock Android browser) on the same phone.
Some more questions to help us figure out what's wrong:
1. Since when did you start seeing the problem?
2. What's your SSRS 2016 and mobile report publisher versions? Did you install any updates for these products lately?
3. What's your Android OS version? Are you able to see the reports if you try to access the portal using your phone's browser?
4. Are you passing any parameters to your datasets? Do you see the problem repro on all datasets? (e.g. can you try defining a dataset that does a simple SQL query instead of running a stored procedure?)
5. If you create a KPI using the same stored procedure? Does the KPI show ok?
6. What type of authentication are you using?
We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.
Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!
The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand