Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to open Power BI Report Server reports from Power BI Mobile App

Any update on this please??
Frequent Visitor

hi Luai,

I am Ori from the Power BI Android team,

I would like to get some more information from you.

please contact me at

oreduar@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Ori 

Regular Visitor

Thanks Ori.
I will contact you on this email...

Luai.
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue of "infinity loading" on iPad(iOS 10) and iPhone(iOS 11 beta) with Power BI Mobile App.

Same - loads in Safari, but not in the App.

Power BI Server version - 14.0.600.379 (August update)

iOS app version - 13.9

Any suggestions?

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi Lehanest95,

My issue was related to the fact that Power BI report server was deployed on a TCP port other than port 80.

This was fixed in the latest release of Power BI Mobile APP.

1. Try installing the latest release of Power BI Mobile APP.

2. Try setting Power BI Report Server TCP port to 80

3. Another thing, you mentioned that you are connected to the most recent Power BI Report Server (August 2017) update.  My understanding is that this is still a PREVIEW release. So try temporarily rolling back to the June/July 2017 release and see if this solves your issue

If non of the above solves your issue, then I hope one of the Microsoft Power BI Mobile development team or Power BI community can assist you with this thing.

Good Luck

Luai

Frequent Visitor

1. Latest iOS app.

2. Port 80

3. Need the new matrix visuals to work, therefore downgrade is not the case for me.

Power BI Support, please, help on this issue!

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, but with iOS. I connected to the Report Server via a succesfull established VPN-Connection, the mobile Apps shows the included PowerBI-Reports but when i want to take a look at a report it loads endlessly. I'm using the following Version:

PowerBI Report-Server Developer August 17 Preview (my Report uses a different DataSource than SSAS, that's why i need to use this version)

SQL Server 2016 Developer

PowerBI Desktop RS x64

App-Version: 13.9 (updated on August, 22)

iOS: 10.3.3Device: iPhone 6s, it doesn't matter if it's connected via WiFi or LTE

It's essential to connect via VPN because our customers want to access the Reports world wide via a mobile connection and not just when they are connected to their corporate network.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to open Power BI Report Server reports from Power BI Mobile Appmee

I meeting the issues most likely. 

We install the PowerBI Reporting Server released in June. At the beginning, the mobile app works well. But can not open the report from two weeks ago, and the app will quit suddently when we try to open the report on the PowerBI report server. But it works well when try to open the report on the PowerBI service.

Both iOS and Android will have such problems, and looks like do not rely on specifc device manufacturer.

Do we have some machnism to collect log on the mobile device for the PowerBI app?

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi, we are getting the same issue, with an identical setup to Bjuu.

We get these error messages on Power BI Report Server (Aug preview) when trying to connect from the latest Power BI Mobile app:

2017-09-06 12:06:08.1725|ERROR|47|xxx: GET /libs/styles/powerbiproviderscommon.css - 0:00:00.005905
Exception: System.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__17(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.<WriteAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.<WriteAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestLoggingMiddleWare.<Invoke>d__2.MoveNext()| RequestID = s_a01816dd-5732-472b-a113-f67125077ea5 
2017-09-06 12:06:08.1725|ERROR|47|Unhandled Exception in the owin pipeline ExceptionSystem.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__17(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestLoggingMiddleWare.<Invoke>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestThrottlingMiddleware.<InvokeNext>d__7.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestThrottlingMiddleware.<InvokeInternal>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Telemetry.Helpers.TelemetryMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.GlobalExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()

Regular Visitor

We've downgraded our server to the June release with the same setup, and the Mobile reports are now working fine. So this just looks like a bug in the August preview. Look forward to seeing this fixed in the GA release later this year, since most of our reports are using imported mode.