Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Luai7
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to open Power BI Report Server reports from Power BI Mobile App

I installed the most recent Power BI Report Server as we intend to use it for on-premises only.

I designed a report using the Power BI Desktop for Report Server  and published it to PBI Report Server.

I am able to open the report from a Chrome Browser from both a desktop and an android smart device, however when trying to open it from the Power BI Mobile  App a loading circle keeps spinning forever! Taking note that I am able to see the published PBI reports from the Mobile App but not able to open any of them.

PBI Desktop

Power BI Desktop for Power BI Report Server
Version: 2.47.4766.581 64-bit (June, 2017)

Smart Device

Power BI Mobile App (for Android) Version: 111584
Android 6.0.1

PBI Report Server

Power BI Reports Server (June 2017 Release)

Windows Server 2012 R2
SQL Server 2016 SP1 (Developer Edition)
Power BI Report connected to SSAS 2016 Tabular

34 REPLIES 34
lehanest95
Frequent Visitor

Great news! Since yesterday's update of Power BI Mobile App to version 14.0 all the matrices work great!

Cheers Power BI team!!!

This is great news!

Thank you Power BI team for the great effort.

@lehanest95, could you please confirm that you are able to open all visualizations interactively inside the Power BI Mobile APP

Thanks

Luai

I can also confirm from my end that version 14.0 of the iOS app has fixed the issue with Tables and Matrices. Thanks!

Bjuu
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, but with iOS. I connected to the Report Server via a succesfull established VPN-Connection, the mobile Apps shows the included PowerBI-Reports but when i want to take a look at a report it loads endlessly. I'm using the following Version:

PowerBI Report-Server Developer August 17 Preview (my Report uses a different DataSource than SSAS, that's why i need to use this version)

SQL Server 2016 Developer

PowerBI Desktop RS x64

App-Version: 13.9 (updated on August, 22)

iOS: 10.3.3Device: iPhone 6s, it doesn't matter if it's connected via WiFi or LTE

It's essential to connect via VPN because our customers want to access the Reports world wide via a mobile connection and not just when they are connected to their corporate network.

Hi, we are getting the same issue, with an identical setup to Bjuu.

We get these error messages on Power BI Report Server (Aug preview) when trying to connect from the latest Power BI Mobile app:

2017-09-06 12:06:08.1725|ERROR|47|xxx: GET /libs/styles/powerbiproviderscommon.css - 0:00:00.005905
Exception: System.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__17(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.<WriteAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.<WriteAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestLoggingMiddleWare.<Invoke>d__2.MoveNext()| RequestID = s_a01816dd-5732-472b-a113-f67125077ea5 
2017-09-06 12:06:08.1725|ERROR|47|Unhandled Exception in the owin pipeline ExceptionSystem.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__17(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestLoggingMiddleWare.<Invoke>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestThrottlingMiddleware.<InvokeNext>d__7.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.RequestThrottlingMiddleware.<InvokeInternal>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Telemetry.Helpers.TelemetryMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Owin.Common.Middleware.GlobalExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()

We've downgraded our server to the June release with the same setup, and the Mobile reports are now working fine. So this just looks like a bug in the August preview. Look forward to seeing this fixed in the GA release later this year, since most of our reports are using imported mode.

Hi All,

Sorry for the Inconvenience,

We are aware of an issue in the August preview release of rendering PBIX reports

A fix should be deploy in the next couple of days

@oreduar - just upgraded to 14.0.600.398 Power BI Report Server. Everything works, except for... :

...can confirm what @AdamF said - the new Tables and Matrices do not load in the Mobile App.

Seems like the same bug, that was before August Server Update came out - June Edition of Server didn't support new Tables and Matrices - even in the Web Browser(used Chrome browser.

Please, provide some information upon this topic.

Thanks @oreduar.

We have tried the updated August version (published 7th September) from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55790

From our end, we can confirm that mobile reports now load using the August preview Report Server. Thanks!

However, I noticed that some particular visuals don't load on the Mobile reports. This includes the new Tables and Matrices, as well as Treemaps, even when published from the "optimized for Report Server" Aug preview Desktop app. These visuals just display the loading/spinning icon and never load. (This also seems to occur for Treemaps in the Desktop app itself.)

I tried other visuals like pie charts, bar charts, line charts, and the Word Cloud custom visual, and they all load fine on the mobile and are very responsive.

Hi there, The URL you shared does not seem to work. Can you please reshare this link as our reports are just stuck on Loading Data.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. 

hi @HeinrichKruger,

this post is regarding the PBIRS release of August 2017.

the new installation of PBIRS can be found here -

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/

thanks,

ori

Hi there, I updated to that version and yet the problem persists.

Hello @HeinrichKruger,

We have identified the problem and working on a fix.

A workaround to overcome this for now, is to un-install and re-install the app.

We apologize for the inconvenient.

Thank you, 

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have tried everything previously listed, but we cannot get power bi reports to render in mobile app for Android.  Chrome on Android works fine. Desktop browser works fine. IOS mobile app works fine.  Just not the Android mobile app.

Report Server version 15.0.2.557

Android app version 2.2.181018.112287

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

hi @HeinrichKruger,

can you contact us at mpbisup@microsoft.com 

and tell us exactly what is your issue?

thanks,

Ori

Hi there, The link you shared does not seem to work. Can you please reshare it. Our PowerBI report pages are just stuck on loading data.

Bjuu
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the Link withe the updated RS-Version. Works for me. Kudos to you.

Bjuu
Frequent Visitor

That's great news. Thanks a lot.

amethon
Frequent Visitor

I meeting the issues most likely. 

We install the PowerBI Reporting Server released in June. At the beginning, the mobile app works well. But can not open the report from two weeks ago, and the app will quit suddently when we try to open the report on the PowerBI report server. But it works well when try to open the report on the PowerBI service.

Both iOS and Android will have such problems, and looks like do not rely on specifc device manufacturer.

Do we have some machnism to collect log on the mobile device for the PowerBI app?

lehanest95
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue of "infinity loading" on iPad(iOS 10) and iPhone(iOS 11 beta) with Power BI Mobile App.

Same - loads in Safari, but not in the App.

Power BI Server version - 14.0.600.379 (August update)

iOS app version - 13.9

Any suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors