I installed the most recent Power BI Report Server as we intend to use it for on-premises only.
I designed a report using the Power BI Desktop for Report Server and published it to PBI Report Server.
I am able to open the report from a Chrome Browser from both a desktop and an android smart device, however when trying to open it from the Power BI Mobile App a loading circle keeps spinning forever! Taking note that I am able to see the published PBI reports from the Mobile App but not able to open any of them.
Power BI Desktop for Power BI Report Server
Version: 2.47.4766.581 64-bit (June, 2017)
Power BI Mobile App (for Android) Version: 111584
PBI Report Server
Power BI Reports Server (June 2017 Release)
Windows Server 2012 R2
SQL Server 2016 SP1 (Developer Edition)
Power BI Report connected to SSAS 2016 Tabular
My issue was related to the fact that Power BI report server was deployed on a TCP port other than port 80.
This was fixed in the latest release of Power BI Mobile APP.
1. Try installing the latest release of Power BI Mobile APP.
2. Try setting Power BI Report Server TCP port to 80
3. Another thing, you mentioned that you are connected to the most recent Power BI Report Server (August 2017) update. My understanding is that this is still a PREVIEW release. So try temporarily rolling back to the June/July 2017 release and see if this solves your issue
If non of the above solves your issue, then I hope one of the Microsoft Power BI Mobile development team or Power BI community can assist you with this thing.
1. Latest iOS app.
2. Port 80
3. Need the new matrix visuals to work, therefore downgrade is not the case for me.
Power BI Support, please, help on this issue!
Can you share some detail content about this issue? Such as operation steps, screenshots,...
I wrote a very long post with all decsription required and it was posted successfully. In fact I edited it and re-posted it successfully!!
Now, I am not able to see this post in this thread!!
I am not going to re-write this post again...!!!
Any idea why it dissapered suddenly from the thread??!!
In all cases,
We did exactly what is in the document:
>>Any idea why it dissapered suddenly from the thread??!!
It seems like your post has been analysis as advertising post and moved by forum system.
We have restored your post from that forum.
Did you test on other device? Does this issue only appeared on specify device or all of android devices?(based on test, it seems works on ios devices)
Yes, tested it on multiple android devices from various vendors and the same problem happens.
I couldn't test it on iOS devices as I don't have access to such a device. In my region, the ultimate majority of devices are android devices with extremely rare availability of iOS devices.
Is this is an official limitation inthe product?! Will this be part of the product roadmap?!
Our customers really want to know if this is available on android devices or not as they can't change their current devices!
I am Ori from the Power BI Android team,
I would like to get some more information from you.
please contact me at
Unfortunately we cannot share images for security reasons.
We very much did the same steps described in the link:
1. We created a Power BI Report using the Power BI Desktop Designer for Power BI Report Server [June 2017 Release]
2. We saved (published) the report to the Power BI Report Server
1. We were able to open and interact with the report from a Chrome Browser on a desktop and also on the android smart device connected to the local intranet,
using the link: <<PBI Server Address>>/reports, where <<PBI Server Address>> is the Power BI Report Server local IP Address
Now for Power BI Mobile App, we used the most recent edition.
1. We added a Report Server in the App and connected it using the local IP address of the server and we used the same domain credentials used in the Chrome Browser. - It was connected successfully.
2. We selected the added Report Server in the Mobile App and we are able to see the Power BI reports published to this server with their names and icons.
However, when clicking on any of those reports an empty page appears with a rotating icon apears and stays for ever and the report never opens!
Note: The rotating icon is not the Loading Data icon, however it is only an icon with no description.
We checked the log folder and log files in the Power BI Report Server installation folder, but no errors or description is written there!
We also checked the server event viewer and nothing there also!
I haven't found any information mentioned power bi mobile app support power bi report server, current it only support power bi and SSRS. I think you can post this requirement to ideas forum.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.