Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Luai7
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to open Power BI Report Server reports from Power BI Mobile App

I installed the most recent Power BI Report Server as we intend to use it for on-premises only.

I designed a report using the Power BI Desktop for Report Server  and published it to PBI Report Server.

I am able to open the report from a Chrome Browser from both a desktop and an android smart device, however when trying to open it from the Power BI Mobile  App a loading circle keeps spinning forever! Taking note that I am able to see the published PBI reports from the Mobile App but not able to open any of them.

PBI Desktop

Power BI Desktop for Power BI Report Server
Version: 2.47.4766.581 64-bit (June, 2017)

Smart Device

Power BI Mobile App (for Android) Version: 111584
Android 6.0.1

PBI Report Server

Power BI Reports Server (June 2017 Release)

Windows Server 2012 R2
SQL Server 2016 SP1 (Developer Edition)
Power BI Report connected to SSAS 2016 Tabular

34 REPLIES 34

Hi Lehanest95,

My issue was related to the fact that Power BI report server was deployed on a TCP port other than port 80.

This was fixed in the latest release of Power BI Mobile APP.

1. Try installing the latest release of Power BI Mobile APP.

2. Try setting Power BI Report Server TCP port to 80

3. Another thing, you mentioned that you are connected to the most recent Power BI Report Server (August 2017) update.  My understanding is that this is still a PREVIEW release. So try temporarily rolling back to the June/July 2017 release and see if this solves your issue

If non of the above solves your issue, then I hope one of the Microsoft Power BI Mobile development team or Power BI community can assist you with this thing.

Good Luck

Luai

1. Latest iOS app.

2. Port 80

3. Need the new matrix visuals to work, therefore downgrade is not the case for me.

Power BI Support, please, help on this issue!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Luai7,

Can you share some detail content about this issue? Such as operation steps, screenshots,...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I wrote a very long post with all decsription required and it was posted successfully. In fact I edited it and re-posted it successfully!!

Now, I am not able to see this post in this thread!!

I am not going to re-write this post again...!!!

Any idea why it dissapered suddenly from the thread??!!

In all cases,

We did exactly what is in the document:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-iphone-kpis-mobile-reports/

Hi @Luai7,

>>Any idea why it dissapered suddenly from the thread??!!

It seems like your post has been analysis as advertising post and moved by forum system.

We have restored your post from that forum.

Regarsd,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks

Hi @Luai7,

Did you test on other device? Does this issue only appeared on specify device or all of android devices?(based on test, it seems works on ios devices)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Yes, tested it on multiple android devices from various vendors and the same problem happens.

I couldn't test it on iOS devices as I don't have access to such a device. In my region, the ultimate majority of devices are android devices with extremely rare availability of iOS devices.

Is this is an official limitation inthe product?! Will this be part of the product roadmap?!

Our customers really want to know if this is available on android devices or not as they can't change their current devices!

Please advise

Any update on this please??

hi Luai,

I am Ori from the Power BI Android team,

I would like to get some more information from you.

please contact me at

oreduar@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Ori 

Thanks Ori.
I will contact you on this email...

Luai.

Unfortunately we cannot share images for security reasons.

We very much did the same steps described in the link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-iphone-kpis-mobile-reports/

1. We created a Power BI Report using the Power BI Desktop Designer for Power BI Report Server [June 2017 Release]

2. We saved (published) the report to the Power BI Report Server

Chrome Browser

1. We were able to open and interact with the report from a Chrome Browser on a desktop and also on the android smart device connected to the local intranet,

using the link: <<PBI Server Address>>/reports, where <<PBI Server Address>> is the Power BI Report Server local IP Address

Mobile App

Now for Power BI Mobile App, we used the most recent edition.

1. We added a Report Server in the App and connected it using the local IP address of the server and we used the same domain credentials used in the Chrome Browser. - It was connected successfully.

2. We selected the added Report Server in the Mobile App and we are able to see the Power BI reports published to this server with their names and icons.

However, when clicking on any of those reports an empty page appears with a  rotating icon apears and stays for ever and the report never opens!

Note: The rotating icon is not the Loading Data icon, however it is only an icon with no description.

We checked the log folder and log files in the Power BI Report Server installation folder, but no errors or description is written there!

We also checked the server event viewer and nothing there also!

Any ideas!!?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Luai7,

I haven't found any information mentioned power bi mobile app support power bi report server, current it only support power bi and SSRS. I think you can post this requirement to ideas forum.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors