Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Muesli
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to login on ios / windows store app doesnt shows reports

Hi!

I have a own report server running on the web with some problems for desktop and mobile!

1. the desktop store app doesnt show any reports at all, but it shows folders?!

2. i cant login on iOS devices at all.

When i login through Safarie or the Chrome app the login screen just pops up agian when i click login so i cant login.

For the mobile app its almost the same, when i want to connect to my report server i get asked for my username and password after i filled up everything and i click login its says me that my password or user name is wrong but it is not (tried it with diffrent users)! 

Any way to fix this? 

6 REPLIES 6
yarivm
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for your report

iOS:

Usually these issues, when you can’t connect to reporting services from the device both on web and app related to server configuration or certificate issue.

I found a TechNet post that explains the problems you have.

It’s certainly a client-side issue with Safari and the web views that we simply can’t handle.

Looks like NTLM authentication has a bug with the HTTP 2.0 protocol communication.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dab47b34-84a0-43fa-b1fa-2c0999aac165/exchange-2016...

In this post, the customer weren’t able to connect exchange 2016 with Apple Mail or Safari when they used NTLM.

It worked with Basic authentication, and they figured out later that it works when making the IIS return HTTP 1.x protocol communication.

iOS and macOS have a bug when accessing secured HTTP 2.0 with NTLM. Supplying a private certificate will not help.

This is why the experience is so weird (there’s authentication loop that just goes on forever).

More details also here:

https://youtu.be/wpxJBuuF4pI?t=11m22s

Windows:

Can you please share more details, do you have KPI reports or PBIX reports?

Thanks,

Yariv

Mobile:

I just wondered becouse i also cant login on my phone with the ios PowerBI app.

But i will look at the links you send.

Windows:
For my desktop issue, on my report i only use pbix reports and some folders.
image.png

(the PowerBi Mobile App for Windows 10)

image.png

This is what i looks like on the store app (Windows 10)

image.png

This is what i looks like on the Web (not Mobile, this is on Chrome Windows 10)

Here is the full guide to kik login from pc.

A really helpful method it was. thank u so much. iMessage on pc Why It's Hard To Be Without It iMessage has a ton to brag. The administration is a standout amongst the most famous among all informing administrations. The application gives you a chance to send messages at your information cost without hosting to download any third-gathering application like WhatsApp or Viber. Significantly less expensive than SMS costs, isn't that so?

Hey Museli,

At this point SSRS PBIX are not supported in PBI App for Windows, only KPI reports.

if you feel that this feature is missing, we would appreciate if you can add that to our user voice ideas (https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939), as we planned our backlog based on user voice, as well as other consideration.

Thanks, Maya

I really Like your articles and bookmarked your site. please do keep sharing such pieces of stuff. Great work.

IMO is an Android application that is accessible on the Android and IOS stages. IMO For PC IMO Messenger is a social communication application like other applications like WhatsApp, BlackBerry Messenger, Hike, and so on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors