Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clarrice_24

Unable to drill through to other pages from line chart

Hi there,

I am able to drill through to other pages from line chart on Power BI desktop or Power BI web service but

I am unable to do the drill through on Power BI mobile app.

Is there a way to do that?

Appreciate your advice.

Best regards,

Clarrice

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Clarrice_24 ,

Yes, you can drill down in Power BI Mobile app. Since there is no context menu is touch devices, the entry point for drill down is by long presssing on a data point in a visual. If that data point has drill down, you will have an arrow icon at the bottom of the tooltip that pops up when long pressing.

More information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-apps-view-phone-report#drill-down-i...

Thanks Maya

Hi Maya,

To add on, I did press long enough for the tooltip to appear but there is no drill through button. If it is bar chart, the drill through button will appear. If it is line chart, the drill through button doesn't appear.

Best regards, 

Clarrice

Hi Maya,

I am referring to drill through (click this link for more info) to other reports not drill down. Are we able to drill through from one report to another on line chart in Power BI Mobile app?

Best regards,

Clarrice

Hey @Clarrice_24 ,

Yes, it should be possible using the same tooltip surface. If there is drill through defined , then you should get a action with "-->" in the tooltip for drill through. It is not limited to specific visual, but should work for any visual. If this is not the experience you're having, please share a sample PBIX file with us for investigation.

Regards, 

Maya 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors