Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

scharern
Frequent Visitor

URL Query string parameters in QR Code

When generating a QR code in the Power BI service, is the code generated supposed to include query string parameters? If not, can a 3rd party QR code generator be used? I've tried both methods and when using the scanner in iOS (both iPad and iPhone) the report renders without any of the query string parameters applied.

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hey @scharern , @danno 

Power BI Mobile apps now support scanning QR of report URL with query param. 

Note that the QR generated by Power BI service does not include that params, so you need to use 3rd party QR generator to capture the params as well.

Thanks, Maya

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @scharern ,

I don' think it is possible, current generate QR code feature only support to generate raw report url, you can't do customize on it. 

BTW, url in QR code is different than normal url in power bi service, I'm not so sure if url filter works on them.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft, I have captured the URL using the QR Code generator, so I have the basic link to the power bi report which will open in Power BI Mobile App.  I have tested the following steps: 

Steps tested:

• Generate QR Code in Power BI service
  • Scan the code with mobile
  • Capture the code URL from Safari
  • Append a filter condition as per the URL customisation documentation
  • ?filter=dim_article/article_no eq 60089720
  • Generate equivalent QR code in QR Code Generator

https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

• Scan again with phone to test launch with filter applied -unsuccessful.

The URL parameter works fine when launching the report from the service using my laptop, but on mobile it doesn't take me to the filtered version of the mobile report. 

I am trying to generate QR Codes which take users to a specific item on a page in a mobile report.  - can you help? 

Hi, just realised that the format of the string needs to be : https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/e1b5137a-25ee-4af0-8e32-1de02697624e/ReportSectione4b87f30... eq 60089720

Not the string generated to launch the mobile app: 

https://app.powerbi.com/MobileLandingPage?Action=OpenReport&reportObjectId=e1b5137a-25ee-4af0-8e32-1...?filter=dim_article/article_no eq 60089720

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors