Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tiles from New "Pin Live Page" Functionality

I love the new report tiles with interactivity in Service. I hope that mobile gets support for this soon. The December 6th iPhone version simply shows a grey tile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All!

We recently introduced the ability to view the pinned Live page in Power BI mobile apps.
The released content is initial only and we plan to improve this experience soon.

Currently when you open a dashboard with a pinned report page, you will see a default image. To view the actual pinned report, tap the tile. The pinned report page will open in landscape mode.

Stay tuned for improvments soon!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I touched on the grey tile and the visual loaded after a few moments of buffering. After the visual loaded and I returned to the dashboard it was visable, not grey.  I think you may just need to give it a moment.

Edit: I was using the 6S +

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks. I've tried "Pin Live Page" with a number of reports (including samples) as well as reports with a single test chart. Nothing ever appears. I have no issues with standard tiles.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2, PBI mobile 5.3

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/55x9DXL.png

I haven't updated to 9.2 yet.

My process was to click the tile and wait for the report to load. Then when I went back to the dashboard it showed up.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi All!

We recently introduced the ability to view the pinned Live page in Power BI mobile apps.
The released content is initial only and we plan to improve this experience soon.

Currently when you open a dashboard with a pinned report page, you will see a default image. To view the actual pinned report, tap the tile. The pinned report page will open in landscape mode.

Stay tuned for improvments soon!

This works now in PBI iOS v5.6.

I use this option, but the report appears very small. When I use the pin report (visual report) it shoes up with the correct size.

It's really problematic as I want my reports tto be most updated with changes on the dashboard, but they are so small that we cannot understand anything in the dahsboard.

Help please?

Same problem here.

The samples are working ok, But my data doesnt.

Tested in Android and Iphone.

unfortunatley on my iphone for pinned pages I only get the genric greyed out tile with the white bar graph and nothing happens when I tap on it - the report does not openSmiley Sad.

Thanks. I've tried "Pin Live Page" with a number of reports (including samples) as well as single charts. Nothing ever appears. I have no issues with standard tiles.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2, PBI mobile 5.3

PBI Pin Live Page.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors