Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adrianclarke74

Thousand & decimal separators in mobile app

Hello,

In my PowerBI report, I have used cards to visualize some figures.

In the desktop / web app, figures are shown as desired with thousand' separated by a comma (') and decimals by a point (.)

In the mobile app, this is reversed.

I believe this is linked to the regional settings of my mobile device. However, even though these are set to Switzerland (which uses apostrophes to separate thousands and points for decimals), this is not reflected in the PowerBI mobile app.

Any ideas on how I can manually adjust these settings for all users who access my report in the mobile app please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @adrianclarke74 . I'm Erez from the Power BI for iOS engineering team.

The Power BI mobile app gets the formatting of the numbers based on the current language and region combination on the device. The Safari browser is limited to specific language and regions so it automatically gets "downgraded" to English (US/UK/Australia) and might not respect the actual region settings.

There's indeed a bug in Switzerland region number formatting that causes an issue.

I'll introduce a bug fix for this issue which should be integrated in the upcoming weeks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adrianclarke74

Thank you @michalfoster - looking forward to hearing your feedback on this 🙂

Hello @adrianclarke74 . I'm Erez from the Power BI for iOS engineering team.

The Power BI mobile app gets the formatting of the numbers based on the current language and region combination on the device. The Safari browser is limited to specific language and regions so it automatically gets "downgraded" to English (US/UK/Australia) and might not respect the actual region settings.

There's indeed a bug in Switzerland region number formatting that causes an issue.

I'll introduce a bug fix for this issue which should be integrated in the upcoming weeks.

Hi @erezone , thank you for your reply.

Great to hear that a bug fix will introduced for Switzerland - thank you.

I don't quite understand your comment on the 'Safari browser' however, as you mentioned that the PowerBI mobile app takes the formatting from the device, not Safari. 

All the best,

Adrian

michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks  @adrianclarke74 for reporting this.

We are able to reproduce the issue and looking into it.

Thanks,

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors