Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Themes broken on latest android mobile app?

I've got a dashboard in the service with the "dark" theme. Looks terrible without it.

Mobile app used to (as of a couple days ago maybe) render it with the dark theme, looked great on the phone.

Today the theme does not show on the mobile app. Still shows on a computer in the service.

Last update break this somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Anonymous ,

The problem was found and fixed. 

The fix will arrive to production starting next week (July 14, 2019).

There is no need to upgrade the app itself, the fix is in the web.

Thank you for reporting it!

I hope you will continue to enjoy Power BI mobile app.

Maya

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait no - the "dark" theme works. It's the "custom" theme that is broken (I changed font color from the dark theme) - and now there's *no* theme at all applied.

Hey @Anonymous ,

Thank you for reporting this.

We are trying to repro this in our lab environment.

I will reply back once I will have any update.

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Maya.

If the detail helps, I set Dark theme -> changed to custom -> changed font to yellow.

Hey @Anonymous ,

We are unable to repro.

Can you please share more details:

1) device you are using (Adnroid / iPhone)

2) app version

3) Is the dashboard part of workspace or app?

4) can you share screen capture from service vs. the mobile app?

BTW - have you tried pull to refresh the report?

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mshenhav 

1) Android

2) Version 112683

4) Happy to provide desktop/mobile & workspace/app screenshots, but this is company data. Do you have an email I can send to?

3 & 5) Thanks for bringing up dashboard access via workspace list or via published app. The behavior is different.

This is a streaming dataset (push FIFO C#/REST API hydrated). Dashboard tiles should update on their own without intervention.

a) On desktop accessing dashboard through workspace list: custom theme works, tiles update live

b) On desktop accessing dashboard through app: custom theme works, tiles update live

c) On mobile accessing dashboard through workspace list: custom theme does NOT work, tiles do NOT update live

d) On mobile access dashboard through app: custom theme DOES work, tiles DO update live

And yes, in use case c), pulling the mobile screen does refresh the data, but I shouldn't have to pull in the first place.

-sff

Hey @Anonymous ,

The problem was found and fixed. 

The fix will arrive to production starting next week (July 14, 2019).

There is no need to upgrade the app itself, the fix is in the web.

Thank you for reporting it!

I hope you will continue to enjoy Power BI mobile app.

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.