Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lyaselya

The mobile view keeps breaking

Hello, 

There's a report that has almost 9990px in the desktop version with a live connection, frequent refreshes(every 5 minutes) and lots of visuals.   The following error keeps popping up when we try to open the report on the phone.  It sometimes opens, but most of the time it breaks. We tried closing all the apps and it still breaks. Is there a way to ensure it always opens without breaking?

lyaselya_0-1672852608499.png

From the October 2022 improvements, I read that the portrait view is now fully supported in the Report Server, but seems like this report is not supported. 

Does this have something to do with the mobile layout page max being 3600 px?

I tried optimizingthe report for the mobile view but are unable to fit all the visuals due to page length limitations (3600 vs 9990pv). Therefore, I wanted to ask if there's a way to have the desktop version open up in either the landscape or portrait without breaking? If not, is there a workaround for the mobile view?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @lyaselya ,

Usually the issue with report which does not load in the app is with their size in memory and not in px.

Building mobile optimized layout, that has only those visuals that are needed for that form factor can reduce the memory footprint of the report, so the device will be able to handle it.

IF this does not help, please contact us using the support mail: Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>

Thanks Maya

@mshenhav thank you for the reply! Would you know the maximum size that the mobile app will be able to load without a problem? 

The report used to be 5 MB, but we were able to optimize it to 1.9 MB and that is the version that was uploaded and that keeps breaking. Please let me know if there is a memory target we should be trying to achieve. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors