Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bergen288
Helper III
Helper III

The inserted shape with "Web URL" action doesn't work in Power BI mobile app

I have a page navigator in my report as shown below.  The Power BI Home box has "Web URL" action to https://app.powerbi.com/home.  For PC browser, it will open a new tab for the link.  How may I force it to use the same tab for the link?  The major reason for this navigator page is to let mobile user to exit report easily.  Unfortunately, touch the Power BI Home box in Power BI mobile app on my iPhone 11 doesn't work as expected.  The mobile app spins a few times, but nothing is changed.   Are you aware of the issue and how to fix it?
bergen288_0-1672152309850.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @bergen288 ,

Thank you for reporting this. This will be fixed in one of the coming Power BI IOS updates. If you have Android device you can test and see that the scenario is working as you expect. 

BTW, an easy access to the app's home screen exists in the header. Tap on the report name to open the navigation tree, at the bottom there is a Home button...

mshenhav_0-1672222136890.png

Maya

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @bergen288 ,

Thank you for reporting this. This will be fixed in one of the coming Power BI IOS updates. If you have Android device you can test and see that the scenario is working as you expect. 

BTW, an easy access to the app's home screen exists in the header. Tap on the report name to open the navigation tree, at the bottom there is a Home button...

mshenhav_0-1672222136890.png

Maya

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @bergen288 ,

According to your error description, you can open the Web URL link button normally on your PC, but touch the Power BI Home box in Power BI mobile app on my iPhone 11 doesn't work as expected.

The mobile app spins a few times, but nothing is changed, If it's convenient, can you try again to see if the ability to add hyperlinks (URLs) to tables or matrices opens properly in your Power BI mobile app?

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you encounter the same error, you can check the permission settings of your iPhone 11 Power BI App to see if you are allowed to open third-party links and pop-up browsers.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors