Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnneC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sorting Fields on Graph Disappear After Publication

We have been running an app on Power BI for a while now and our front end charts are sorted by a specific field in order to create a progressive purple line across the chart as follows:

AnneC_1-1637635232995.png

With the three dots on the top right corner, this data was sorted by one of the fields used in this graph, which is a line value and not an axis. Prior to publication all the options of the data to sort the graph by are available, ie:

AnneC_2-1637636849625.png

However, on the latest version of Power BI, after publication all the sort options disappear, and only the options are limited to the two axis, ie:

AnneC_3-1637637037492.png

And as you can see, it totally messes up the graph.  How do I get all the sort options to reappear after publication?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please note that I am an intermediate level user and not familiar with coding, so please keep the advice fairly simple if possible 🙂 Thanks.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnneC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your responses, I did find a workaround by adding the field to the tooltips and it was then available for the sort options, so my graphic is working again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AnneC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your responses, I did find a workaround by adding the field to the tooltips and it was then available for the sort options, so my graphic is working again. 

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnneC 

This issue has been admitted as an Known Issue in PBI Service. Its ETA for fix is 12/5/2021 and there is no workaround currently. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @AnneC ,

It seems that you have an issue with Power BI Desktop and not Power BI Mobile apps. Can you please post your question in Power BI Desktop forum: Desktop - Microsoft Power BI Community? There is greater chance to get the right people looking at it there...

Thanks Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors