Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Molotch
Helper II
Helper II

Single sign on from Azure AD joined Windows 10 computer?

Does the Windows Store UWP Power BI application support SSO?

I'm on an Azure AD joined Windows 10 device. When I start the Windows Store Power BI app I'm prompted to login with username and password.

Works fine using Edge, I have automatic SSO to both Office365 webapplications and Power BI web.

3 REPLIES 3
yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey,

Windows UWP app supports SSO. 

couple of questions - 

1. Are you using the same Power BI user as the user that is registered on your machine?

2. While trying to sign-in to Power BI UWP app, are you connected to the Corp network?

You can send the answers to PBIWinAppSup@microsoft.com or just reply to this community thread.

Thanks,

Yaron

Yes to both. I'm logged in on the computer with the same user I'm trying to login to Power BI with and I'm connected to the corp net. The computer is not domain joined though, it's only Azure AD joined. It's not activated and not Intune MDM enrolled.

Any ideas? Works with OneNote UWP, Office365 ProPlus, Edge browser, no luck with the Power BI UWP app so far.

I have mfa enabled on my Azure account but it looks  as if the Power BI app uses ADAL and I don't have to use an app password so that oughtn't to be the problem (I'm on an Azure registrerad corp network so mfa isn't triggered).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors