Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodolfocguerra
Frequent Visitor

Shortcut to Favorites

Hello all,

I need to provide an option for some employees to open reports and apps in a very streamlined fashion.  Now they have to open the mobile app, browse through a list of available apps, and pick the one they want to see.  Can I create a shortcut, outside Power BI, that will allow an indivual to open a report with a single click?  The only way they will be able to consume information is if the process is extremelly simple.  What do you recommend?  Thanks a lot!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-shex-msft, that is exactly what I need but, instead of a tile or dashboard, I would like to pin a report. 

It looks like Power BI does not support this for IOS, as you have mentioned.

I will add this to the ideas forum and tag you as well.

Thanks, for the feedback.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @rodolfocguerra,

Are you familiar with Power BI Mobile deep-link? 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-deep-link-specific-location/

Does that answer your needs? if not, can you please explain what you have in mind (what do you mean by outside of Power BI)?

Thanks,

Yaron

Dear @yaronc

Thank you very much for your quick response.

This is a start, but not exactly what I need.

The same way you have icons on your phone that opens apps, I would like to have one on my executives' phones that would take them directly to a report.  It would behave exactly like a shortcut, but instead of redirecting to a specific program, would open a report that I have generated.

I don’t want to use a link because they get lost on emails.  Pretend you are a shareholder with little time on your hands.  You want to have access to information extremely fast, and don’t have enough patience to browse through emails.  Even more, some executives might not be computer savvy at all.  Still, they all got used to pressing a button and have an app open up.  This is what I need: an icon on their phone that when pressed, will take them to the report we have created.

Can this be done?

Thank you once again

Hi @rodolfocguerra,

According to your description, you want to create quick icon to navigate to specific report/dashboard, right?

If this is a case, current this feature works on windows uwp app and windows phone, you can refer to below document to know more about this:

Pin a tile or dashboard to the Windows 10 Start screen

Windows live tile

It seems only available on window device, I haven't found any document mentioned this feature of IOS and Android devices.
I think you can share this requirement to ideas forum.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft, that is exactly what I need but, instead of a tile or dashboard, I would like to pin a report. 

It looks like Power BI does not support this for IOS, as you have mentioned.

I will add this to the ideas forum and tag you as well.

Thanks, for the feedback.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors