Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IvanD

Sharing of annotated report not possible in Mobile app 13.8?

Hi everyone! After upgrading iOS Power BI app to 13.8 I'm no longer able to share annotated report (nothing copies to mail\notes\whatsapp etc.). Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @IvanD

We couldn't repro this issue on our devices and ' hear from anyone else at this point on this problem.

Can you please answer the following questions:

1. What iOS version are you using?

2. Does it happen to you on all reports or on specific ones?

3. Does it happen to you also on dashboard tile in-focus?

4. Does the share work for you from different apps? for example if you try to share from What's app to mail/notes, does it work for you?

Thanks,

Yaron

Hi @yaronc

1. iPhone 6 with ios 10.3.1, but I have same issue on iPad with latest iOS

2. All reports

3. Yes

4. Yes, sharing between other apps works perfectly

Thanks

I suspect that this issue is related to Microsoft Intune policies enforced in your organization. 

Do you know if your organization use Microsoft Intune? Microsoft Intune Application Management allows tenant admin to control sharing from an app.

Are you able to take a screenshot inside Power BI app or is this functionality also disabled? if it is disabled, so it implies that there are security polices enforced by your tenant admin. 

Can you please try to reach out to your Admin and check if there are any polices enforced for share screenshot? 

Thanks,

Yaron

i am not able to annotate in iOS 11. The pen icon is available on the upper right hand side but when tapped I just get the info as I tapped the upper left.  

Anyone else see see this Issue?

Hi

We appreciate the feedback.

Is this issue repro on iPad?

Please try this workaround: 1. Change the orientation of the iPad to landscape mode while trying to click on the Annotation icon 2. Check if this fix your issue or click back and try again on landscape mode. We are also working on a fix to be available on the next version 14.6

Thank you, The Power BI team

Yes, this is with an iPad Pro.  When you rotate the annotation now works as expected.  Then when rotating back to landscape it also works.

Thanks for the workaround.

Thanks for the update
We found the root cause for this bug and we will fix it on our next release of iOS on Apple store.

Yariv

Yes,  14.6 fixes the annotation bug.  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors