Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jseek
Helper I
Helper I

Shared dashboards on mobile

Hello!

On the heels of the conference I am excited to get my users up on some of the more advanced mobile tools.

I have shared a dashboard to an external user and they would like to be able to bring it up on their Apple Watch.  Unfortunately, the shared dashboard is not appearing on their PBI mobile app at all.  Can't figure out what it is.  Anyone have the same experience or know why this is?

Some of the sharing stuff is still a mystery to me as when it will work, when it won't, and when someone needs a license.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
teylyn
MVP

I have the same issue. I have a pro license. Someone shared a dashboard with me. I can only open it with the link from the invitation email. I don't see it in my "shared with me" list in the browser and I don't see it in the mobile app.

I know the PIBX file, but I can't really see anything in there that would require a Pro license. 

Why can I not see that dashboard on my mobile?

Externally shared dashboards do not yet show up in the list of shared dashboards - you always need the link to access the dashboard

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

@jseek Does the end user 1) have  PBI account 2) see the shared dashboard in their workspace 3) have the right licensing (If you use a feature that is considered "Pro" in building your report/dashboard. The end user must have a Pro license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

The end user:

1) Has a PBI account, and can see the retail analysis sample in movile.

2) Does not see the shared dashboard in their mobile workspace but does see it on their desktop workspace.

3) Does not currently have a license (that's one of the things I'm working to determine, which use cases require licensing. Even after talking with engineers at the conference the answer was pretty much "We *think* it'll work, but we're not the monetizers")

@jseek If they can see the shared dashboard in their workspace in app.powerbi.com and interact with it, then I can't see it being a Pro license issue. I would have the end user make sure they have the latest iOS power bi app update on their phone and watch. (if you download to watch.. I don't know, not an iOS user). If things are copacetic in their workspace, I would assume there is an issue with the mobile portion. As far as I'm aware - there are no licensing requirements specific to mobile.

Re-confirm the user has the latest updates, and if they do, I'd submit a bug.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks.  This is one of those things that is completely useless to me, but I know my exec team will love. Heck, maybe I can get an Apple Watch covered for "testing".  😉

I'm going to test with someone today and I'll report back results.

@jseek LOL. This is most definetely something that requires further testing and tweaking. I would agree that you should push for some "equipment" that will ensure the proper features are behaving correctly at all times 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors