Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Send parameters to Mobile report

Is it even possible?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Markzolotoy

Currently, query parameter can't be loaded into report for selection. For your requirement, you can use custom visual SmartFilter By SQLBI. Then you can just put the value field you want to filter, you can select or input the values to filter rows when you accessing report in Power BI Mobile app.

Regards,

I am not that the link you have provided is what I need. I need to parameters to query specific data. My backend is an mvc controller that returns an xml.

This isn't supported for mobile reports (for many reasons one of them is security).

Can you please share your scenario that you are trying to tackle? 

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You are ruuning a hotel with 250 rooms (make it 2500 if you want). Your maintainnace guy needs to know in real time what's a room temperature in an given room in case air conditioning is not working. Should I develop 250(0) moble reports for his phone? 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

slicers are how i cut thru data of that nature, e.g. the season slicer in the following:

nbaslicers.png

Why not use a slicer that will filter the report based on the room number?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors